Chapter Forty Six

I guess I had fallen asleep before Geils came back because when I woke up the window was still open and Geils was back, thankfully but his cage was still wide open where he was sitting inside.

The sunlight is blinding and I'm up earlier than normal I believe. I check the clock and it's only 6:42. At Hogwarts I would normally wake up around 7:30 on a day with classes and anywhere from 8:00 to 9:30 on a day with no classes. I get up and shut the window. I shut Geils' cage and thank him for coming back. I think that maybe another hour of going back to sleep before I get up for the day wouldn't hurt, so I set the alarm clock for 8:30 and I still hadn't been under the covers, so I pull them forward then readjust them to where it is most comfortable.

I am woken up by a continuous tapping at my window, Geils starts to make a bunch of owl noises so I hop up quickly and shush him. I see Hedwig outside my window and open it quickly so she can come in. She rests on my desk and has a piece of paper for me. I assume it's a letter. My parents gave me owl food and treats so I get a treat for Hedwig and shortly after she was on her way.

I am eager to open the letter so I sit down on my bed and untie the string and read the outside with my name on it. I then open in up to see Harry's very distinct handwriting.

July 1
Gab,

I'm surprised, well who am I kidding? I'm not surprised at all that you couldn't wait one whole night without writing to me. Anyways, I met your owl and he seems nice, Hedwig could say otherwise. Same goes for me, it's the morning and I just read your letter but not much has happened since I got home. There is the fact that my uncle Vernon scolded me for 'not greeting the family properly' . I'm not sure how I'm supposed to do that though, does he want a formal handshake or something? I guess we'll never know with him. Whatever I do will always be wrong and he'll always find new reasons for punishing me. But I'm sure that's not what you want to hear about. I've gotten a letter from Hermione as well. You two are really the literate types aren't you. She told me about how her parents are doing and a bunch of new books she got (of course I have no idea why she would tell me that, like I know what she's talking about when she mentions a bunch of random book titles) and she told me to 'be safe' and 'stay out of trouble' at least ten times. She really is a worrier. Anyways I already miss you so much, like I've said a billion times I wish we could spend summer together but I know that just isn't realistic right now. I hope you have a good day today, whatever you're up to. And be safe, I know I sound like Hermione right now but you live in the magic world and I don't and you never know what you'll find in the magic world. Also I'm going to start dating my letters so that you'll know when I wrote them, I suggest you do the same just in case.

I love you,
Harry

———————————————

July 1
Harry,

I'm sorry to hear that you've already gotten in trouble for something ridiculous, but summer will be over before you know it and we'll be able to see each other again. Also I'm not surprised either that you've already gotten letters from Hermione and I. Good idea by the way to date the letters. Today I went into town with my parents. We ate breakfast at the cafe that I told you about that has been my favorite place ever since I was a kid. My dad had to go to work after we ate so that left me and my mum to walk in and out of some shops. I have grown out of some of my clothes that were already getting too small so my mum let me pick a few things out. I saw a maroon colored crew neck and I thought that you'd like it so she let me get that for you as well since I know you don't get to go clothes shopping over  the summer. I think you'll like it since you can wear a crew neck in the summer as something for a chilly night or in any other season as a shirt to wear all day. I hope to hear back from you soon.

Love,
Gabriella

————————————————

July 11
Gab,

I'm hoping you'll get this on your birthday since I'm writing it one day in advance, if you do get it the same day, wait until your birthday to read and open the small drawstring bag. Hopefully Hedwig was able to deliver the letter and bag without dropping it. If not you can tell me when you write back.

Happy birthday Gabriella. You know I wish that I could be with you but that's not possible, if you received the bag along with the letter you can open it now. I know it's small but it had to travel by owl and I would rather you get the gift than have Hedwig not be able to deliver it. It reminded me of you when I saw it and when we would go out to the quidditch pitch and just look at the stars for hours.

You truly mean the world to me, we've been friends since first year but now we are in a real relationship and I don't regret it at all. As you saw I was clearly extremely nervous when asking you to be my girlfriend, I couldn't even do it in person. When thinking of what I would say in this letter there were too many things to fit so I decided that I'll make a list of my favorite things about you. I figured top five would be enough since I know you don't like getting complimented too much before it embarrasses you.

5: I know this is a little bit generic but you're truly brilliant and I sort of need that in my life since I'm sort of a git so thank you. 4: I'm so glad that we both play quidditch because that way we can play together and it makes for some really good dates and things to bond over, like when we win a game it's together and of course it's because of our practice schedule we get to spend a lot of time doing it together. 3: This probably isn't something that you'll like but I like it so I'm going to tell you anyways. I like it when you put me in my place or correct me or when you have a bit of attitude in the tone of your voice, it keeps me on my toes you know? Either way I like it about you. 2: Again this sounds like something every boyfriend would say but I promise I mean it. Even when we were younger and I didn't like you like I do now I always thought you were very beautiful, I used to see the way that other guys would look at you then it sort of clicked that there's a reason why people have crushes on you who have barely talked with you before. Also I know this sounds sort of bad but I always used to think of how many girls were probably jealous of you for being so pretty, I mean they still are. 1: This is something very unique to you, it's the fact that you're so ready for anything that comes at you like when you had that essay that was due the next day and you aced it. I still don't understand how you did that. And it's not only academically but with anything. It adds so much character to you. Along with this you have a huge sense of bravery and adventure and I'll be honest it scares me a little to know that you aren't afraid of most things. But I don't want you to change who you are.

Have a wonderful day Gabriella, I love you and I can't wait to see your face again and hug you again.

Love,
Harry

Inside the bag was a small ring shaped like a star, it's beautiful

Inside the bag was a small ring shaped like a star, it's beautiful. I slip it onto my middle finger on my right hand and luckily it fits perfectly.

———————————————————————

I had to change her birthday to July instead June because I realized that on June 12 they're still in school HAHA anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter because I liked writing it a lot.

I decided last minute that I wanted to post this today but I thought since it's basically just letters back and forth I might as well.