Chapter Twenty Eight

Winter break was tons of fun. I got to see my parents, I got to visit with all of the Weasley's plus Harry and Hermione. And of course there's what happened with Harry and I. We haven't talked much about it since Christmas Eve so I don't really know where our relationship is right now. I plan on talking to him about it soon though.

We are on the train again. It's exciting to go back to school. The only thing is that we don't have quidditch for a few weeks since the spring season hasn't begun yet. Harry taps me on the shoulder then motions for me to get up and follow him. We go into an empty compartment.

"What?" I ask.

"We need to talk about us." He says. I've been thinking the same thing.

"Yeah, so what do you think?" I ask. I don't want to be the first to say something in case I mess up.

"I don't think that we should jump right into a relationship or anything."

I do.

"Maybe just see how it all plays out?" He asks shrugging a little.

"Sure that sounds good."

No! that's terrible.

We both walk out and sit back down into the compartment with Ron and Hermione, they exchange looks with each other as we sit down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"We kissed." I am laying in bed right before I was about to go to sleep while Hermione is reading her book.

"What!?" She closes her book and looks at me.

"On Christmas Eve in the woods, nobody was around and he used his wand to grow some mistletoe and it was perfect." I replay it in my head as I tell her.

"Why didn't you tell me? I'm your best friend." She demands.

"Well I wasn't exactly ready to shout it out to the entire world." I say. I am trying to avoid telling her that Ginny knew.

"Who else knows?" Great.

"Ginny." I mumble. She scoffs, blows her candle out and turns over so she isn't facing me anymore. I really screwed up this time. Hermione is a very reasonable person and rarely gets into arguments. Ron doesn't count. Anyways it's hard to make her mad. Again Ron doesn't count. But she is able to see things from all angles and be fair even when I'm wrong but this time I understand why she would be furious. I should have told her.

"Blow that bloody thing out won't you?" She says. I blow my candle out. Are we in a fight now or is she just annoyed and it will all blow over tomorrow? I really hope this won't last, I'm going to need her through this whole Harry thing and how we are going to 'see how it all plays out' as much as I love Ginny she's not the best at this type of stuff. She likes to go for a more bold approach on things but I'm not like that especially when it comes to relationships. I don't think I could handle being in a fight with one of my closest best friends right now, especially the one I share a room with. I need to try and go to sleep now I have classes in the morning.

It's now 1:00am and I can't sleep with everything going on in my head. Harry and now Hermione and I have classes tomorrow. I need to do well in my classes tomorrow. I need to go to sleep. But Harry, I can't stop thinking about him. I really haven't stopped thinking about him since Christmas Eve. Who would be able to stop thinking about him? Not me that's for sure, no wonder why Cho got so possessive. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day while in the courtyard with Ginny she keeps looking behind me.

"Don't look now but Harry has been staring at you the whole time we've been talking." She says. I turn around. He looks a little caught off guard but so am I. He smiles and waves at me. I wave back with the stupidest looking smile. We're best friends and we are acting like we just met. "I said don't look now you halfwit." Ginny says. I couldn't help myself though.

Hermione walks by us and glares at me. "What's got her so uptight?" Ginny asks.

"I didn't tell her until last night about," I almost say it but realize Harry is still there and could hear, plus there are a bunch of people standing around. "About you know." I say. She shrugs then we keep walking back into the school, as I walk by Harry I catch his eye again, he looks like he wants to say something but he doesn't. I'll ask him later, right now I have other things to worry about and by other things I mean Hermione. Ugh why did I have to wait so long to tell her?

I see her walking up ahead of Me and Ginny in the hall. I call her name, she definitely heard me but she just chose to ignore me. I call her name again and she turns around quickly.

"What?" She snaps. I look at Ginny then back at her.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner." I begin.

"Well we can't change the past." She brushes me off and continues walking. I don't bother trying to talk to her this time. If she wants to be mad at me for something so silly as my own love life then she can; I don't care.

————————————————————————