Chapter Thirty Five

I look between Harry and Cormac a few times. Cormac definitely knows that Harry knows by the way he's got a smirk on his face making sure to rub it in even more. "Oh look you're back!" Cormac says, he has plenty of sarcasm in his voice.

"You have serious issues, Cormac. Let's go Harry" I say pulling Harry by the arm. He doesn't move though, instead he steps closer to Cormac. Cormac is bigger and taller than Harry, it's not that I think Harry's weak, it's just that Cormac may be stronger. I look between the two of them again. Cormac looks Harry up and down.

"You really want to be seen with this git?" Cormac asks pushing Harry's shoulder back. A crowd is starting to form. I look around at the people standing around and none of them are our friends, probably people who have nothing better to do than to watch this. Harry obviously is incapable of letting things go so he pushes Cormac back but harder. As Cormac winds up to punch Harry back I stupidly step in front of Harry. I don't know why I did it, it was almost like a reflex. I shield my face with my hands in case Cormac isn't quick enough to stop himself. Luckily he has quick reflexes and stops "What the hell is wrong with you, I could've hit you." he says

"Well I'd rather it be me." I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy.

"What's going on?" I here Ron's voice coming through the crowd. That's a good sign, Ron is civil he'll stop them. He pushes through until he's standing in the other side of Harry, I see Ginny standing towards the front. She gives me a look and motions for me to go stand with her. I trust that Ron will be responsible so I go and stand with Ginny. She doesn't seem too worried. If I'm being honest she probably wouldn't mind seeing them fight. I don't like violence or any of that stuff so this is quite stressful for me. Ron says a few things to try and reason with Cormac but he doesn't seem like the type to stand down. He just wants to win or be right. I look away for one moment and hear everyone getting riled up. I don't want to look. I expect Harry to have another useless pair of broken glasses but when I do look, there's blood trickling down Cormac's lip. Harry punched Cormac. Wow. Ron is now in between the two of them trying to hold Harry back while not letting Cormac get to him. I'm just relieved it wasn't Harry who got hurt. I'm not thrilled that he was the one to start the fight though. The kids standing around suddenly start walking away as fast as the can, leaving me, Ginny, Harry, Ron and Cormac. And I see why. Professor  McGonagall is approaching the five of us. Ron let's go of Harry and everyone steps away from each other even though it's obvious what was going on.

"Oh Potter what have you got yourself into this time?" She asks. We all look at her in fear of what the punishment will be. "Detention for all five of you because of roaming the halls" she winks at Harry. There is no such thing as getting a detention for 'roaming the halls' literally everyone walks around when they want to. This is why I like professor McGonagall.

"But professor-" Cormac starts.

"Mr. McLaggen, you sound like you want another detention. Is this true?" She asks.

"No ma'am" He says looking at the ground.

"Very well." She continues walking past all of us. Cormac walks away and so does Ginny and Ron. I give Harry a big hug. He seems a little surprised by it but doesn't he sits to hug me back.

"Don't ever do that again" I pull away and hit him on the chest "I mean it Potter. I was worried about you!" I scold.

"I didn't even get hurt, you're freaking out over nothing." He says. I give him an unimpressed look. "Ok maybe you're not overreacting but I can assure you that I'm fine." He says. This time he's fine but what about next time? This can't happen again. I need to get it through his head how dumb that was.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All day I feel like I might be being a little annoying, I keep worrying about Harry, checking in on him and asking him how he is doing. It's not my fault he's prone to getting attacked whether it's by Cormac McLaggen or The Dark Lord himself. I'm also excited but nervous to read the letter. Hopefully he hasn't been waiting for me to read it for a while. Dinner tonight was really awkward. Everyone was pointing and whispering about us. Cormac sat at the complete other end of the table luckily so we didn't have to deal with him. In the common room it's still awkward.

"So Harry, you technically won right?" Seamus asks.

"Do not encourage him" I pipe in. Harry has a smug smile because he did 'technically win' but that doesn't make it ok. I am very anxious to read the letter and there isn't much for me to do down in the common room anymore so I go back up to my room.

I go over to where I had left it and open it up, I don't know why I'm so nervous to look. It's not like I could've done anything wrong. His handwriting is so funny, it looks like a child's.

Gab,

This is probably really pathetic that I'm too nervous to say it in person. I also just wanted to make sure I said the exact right thing and I would mess up if I was standing right in front of you. You distract me. Anyways it's kind of funny because this is about the tenth time I have rewritten this. I'll just get to the point, I really like you. Now it's ok if you don't want to since I was the one who says we wouldn't jump into anything but I'd be so lucky if you would be my girlfriend. I know that's a lot to ask since a lot of guys like you but when you told me what you said to Cormac when he asked if you where single that gave me some confidence. I'm rambling on now but if you could let me know as quickly as possible no matter what your answer is that would be just brilliant.

Harry

———————————————————————