Chapter Twenty One

"Gab, are you ok?" Harry asks worriedly.

"Oh uh yeah I'm fine." I stutter.

"No you're not, sit back down." He says. I sit on the couch.

"I will tell Dumbledore first thing in the morning about the attack. I can't believe they're back." ''He says. Me neither, I know that they are one of the things that Harry truly fears considering they were his boggart third year.

"I should go to bed now." I say standing up. He puts his hand on my shoulder and asks me one last time if I'm ok, I say yes in the most reassuring way I can then head off to bed.

I creep into my room not to wake Hermione but there's no use she is up late reading again.

"And what were you doing out so late?" She scolds.

"I was in the common room with Harry, then- never mind." I don't want to tell her about the attack this late at night. It would keep her up. She can tell there's something I'm hiding but she ignores it and blows out her candle.

-------------------------------------------------------

A week goes by and we haven't seen a dementor since. Harry stops me in the hallway.

"Dumbledore said he talked to the ministry and that they had no idea the dementors were here." He says. Great, not even the ministry knew.

"How? How could a dementor randomly get into Hogwarts unless-" I begin.

"No, who would help dementors into Hogwarts?" Harry reassures me. He's right, nobody would do that. At least nobody I know of.

Harry and I each told a few close friends about the attack but other than that we want to keep it a secret not to alarm anyone. Hermione comes up to the both of us.

"Would you two want to go to Hogsmeade today with me and Ginny?" Hermione asks. We both agree on going.

"I can't be the only boy there, especially with you three psychos so could Ron and Dean come too?" Harry asks. Hermione shoots him a look then says sure.

I love Hogsmeade. I usually don't buy anything. I just like the experience of going out with all of our friends. I get ready and put on my winter coat over a sweater. Everyone dresses warm since it's snowing out and it's very cold.

Once we get to Hogsmeade we go into Three Broomsticks first like always. We order some butterbeers and sit down at a table. We talk about normal stuff, school, quidditch, but then the conversation moves onto dating. Ginny started the topic definitely on purpose. She asks me if I like anyone. I lie obviously and say no but Ron calls me out and says that "everybody has a crush." I still deny it though. She then moves on to Harry. His cheeks turn pink and I don't think it's from the cold. He says no but it's so blatantly obvious that he's lying. Everyone repeatedly asks him who but he won't tell. Ginny gets out a piece of parchment and rips it up into three pieces.

"I thought it would be fun to shake things up a little, Dean, Harry and Ron write your name on a piece of parchment." She hands out the pieces and we pass a quill around to write our names. Everyone brought winter hats so she grabs hers and puts all of the pieces in. I saw her fold the corner on Harry's, but I don't think that anyone else did so I don't say anything. "I think that we all need some love in our lives so all the girls will go around and pick a name and then we will each go on a date with each other." None of us seem to be fond of the idea but I am. I know which piece is Harry's. I don't show it though to not seem suspicious. I volunteer to pick first so that nobody can pick Harry's name. I pull the piece out and unfold it.

"Well, who is it?" Ron asks.

"It's Harry." I say, acting like it's no big deal. I could swear I saw the corners of Harry's mouth turn up. Ginny picks Dean. Hermione and Ron by default are together. Ginny definitely rigged it for everyone to get the person they fancy.

"Alright everyone meet back here at 4:30." Ginny says. It's 2:00 right now so we will get about two and a half ours together. Harry stands up and reaches for my hand. I put my hand in his and walk out. We see Ron and Hermione go into Honeydukes. I'm sure that Hermione was practically dragged in there by him.
————————————————————————
Before you ask, yes I got the date idea from tiktok