Chapter Forty Two

I think she noticed me looking at her because she quickly looks at the ground. "It's ok I guess,
I'll tryout again next year." Ron says. Harry goes to say something but he cuts him off "No, mate it's fine." He walks off. It's really hard to watch, even though he's not as obsessed as the rest of us he still has a passion for quidditch.

Ginny, Harry, and I walk outside to the courtyard and continue to talk about quidditch.

"So Ginny, how are you and Dean?" I ask. She gives me a weird look. I usually wouldn't say anything like that especially around another boy even if it is Harry but I wanted to see if she would try and downplay their relationship.

"I think I might end things actually." She says.

"Oh wow, sorry to hear that." I say, I thought she might be bland about it on purpose but I didn't expect that.

"Honestly, I've been over him for a while and I wouldn't want to lead him on." She says. They weren't dating or anything but they had been talking for a while and it's the right thing to do if she really wasn't interested anymore. I just hope that doesn't mean she's interested in somebody else that she shouldn't be.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I skip dinner to get a head start on my homework, I'm also not very hungry so there's no point in going. As I'm wrapping up my work people start to come back into the common room. When Ginny comes through the portrait hole Harry is behind her. She's telling him some story or something, he looks uncomfortable. She sits in an armchair near the fire and he sits next to me on the sofa and puts his arm around me.

"Why do you always do this?" He asks me.

"Do what?" I ask.

"Skip dinner, it's sort of boring without you." He says. I quickly glance at Ginny, she almost looks offended by that. She actually rolls her eyes and leaves. All this is doing is confirming my suspicions even more. One thing that I know will always piss Ginny off is being called boring, whether it was intentional or not, Harry basically did just that. She makes it quite awkward after she storms out like that. It's not like anyone did anything noticeably wrong, but I noticed. Not that she is but I don't let anyone walk all over me so I do what anybody would do and follow her up the stairs.

"What?" She says.

"I need to ask you something. Come into my room." She follows me into my room and as soon as I close the door I start "I'm not stupid, Ginny." I say. She begins to defend herself but I cut her off "What? Do you think I wouldn't notice how you looked at Harry?" I demand.

"I don't know what you're talking about." She crosses her arms. I can feel my face start to turn red with anger.

"I won't be as mad if you just admit it, so go on." I say. She won't cave in, bitch. "Just get out." I finish. As she walks out she can't bare to look me in the eye.

We've been best friends for a very long time, I'm sure we will be fine. We've gotten in worse arguments than this. Although It's never been over a boy. I know it's wrong to already think of this but, if I had to chose between Harry and Ginny. I think I would chose Harry. I'm overthinking though. There's no way I would every have to chose one.

Shortly after, Hermione walks in. I need to vent to someone so I tell her about all of it.

"Gabriella, I'm not trying to tell you that you're wrong but, you did the same exact thing. When Cho and Harry where talking. You can't blame someone for having feelings. She can't control it just like you couldn't." She says. Why is Hermione so logical? That's the last thing I want to hear, especially because it's true.

"Yeah but." I start, she gives me a look of disapproval. I decide not to finish my sentence. Instead I sit on my bed and realize there's nothing I can do. At least I know that Harry is loyal.

"Did you yell at her?" Hermione asks.

"I'd say scolded."

"I don't understand how you list your temper get the best of you."

"Well not all of us have a perfect kind set like the one and only Hermione Granger." I tease. I love Hermione, but sometimes I think she's too proud of herself. I pick up the guitar just to practice since there's nothing else to do and notice that there is a piece of paper inside. I flip it over and shake it out. It has Harry's messy handwriting on the outside. How would he have gotten another letter in there?

Gab,

You probably won't find this for a while but I thought that you would need it, so you can come back to this whenever you're sad. I just wanted to leave you a reminder that I think you're perfect and that you are honestly way out of my league. So yeah I'm just thankful for you. Have a good day, night, morning. Whatever it is I hope your having a good one love.

Harry

It must have been from a few days ago. He continues to find new ways to give me butterflies. One way that I know that we are meant for each other is that about a minute ago I was in a terrible mood but now I'm happy as ever. I want to go find him as give him a hug but he's probably already up in his room.

———————————————————————