Chapter Four

"Gab are you in there it's Harry" He says, I get butterflies at the sound of him saying that, I imagine it's a real date even though it's not.

"Coming!" I say going over to the door. When I open it he's standing there holding a rose. He sticks it out.

"This is for you, don't worry I don't like you or anything it's just no matter what girl the date is with I'm still going to be a gentleman" He says. I start to shake a little bit as I take it from him. "Be careful there's thorns" He says.

"One moment let me just put this on my nightstand" I say, turning around. I grab a glass Mason jar and pour the water from my water bottle into it then put the rose in the water and put it on my nightstand next to my candlestick. While he still can't see my facial expressions I smile widely "Ok I'm ready now" I say walking out and closing the door behind me, we can hear the music from the stairwell.

"I had something I wanted to tell you but I can't remember now, oh well it'll come back to me" He says as you enter the party. "Is Cho here, do you know?" He asks.

"No she's sick" I say. Even though it makes me happy to say I act like it's sad or something because I know he will be disappointed. I was right, his facial expression drops but he puts on a fake smile again after realizing that he's here with me and it would be rude to be sad over another girl.

"It's fine I was just wondering plus I'm here with you tonight" He says. It makes me happy to hear him say it outloud. I stay near him for a while until he starts talking to some boys about stuff that I'm not very interested in.

"I'm going to go see what Hermione's up to" I say.

"Ok" He says, giving me a look that reads "Be careful" I go over to the coffee table where all of the drinks are and ask a boy in Hufflepuff.

"Is there any water?" I don't drink, it's just not for me. The only time I did drink was when I was with Harry last year he dared me to then he took me back to my room because I'm a lightweight and I was embarrassing myself.

"Oh yeah I think right there" The boy says pointing at a pitcher of clear liquid. I pour some into a red solo cup and smell it before taking a sip. It reeks of alcohol, I get lightheaded after just smelling it.

"What's going on over here?" Harry asks, coming up to me and the boy.

"Nothing, I was just trying to find a non alcoholic drink but apparently they don't have any of those" I say unimpressed.

"No I meant what's he doing trying to get you to drink that?" Harry asks, starring the boy down. Harry was being overprotective of me...again he thinks that everyone is trying to hurt me in some way. I think it's adorable that he cares that much.

"He was helping me try to find water" I say trying to reassure him that it's no big deal.

"Ok, next time don't ask a stranger" He puts his arm around my shoulder and turns me around to walk the other way while still glaring at the poor Hufflepuff boy. "Just go ask Ron if there's any water I'm sure he'll know" He says pointing over at Ron. I walk over to him and tap him on the shoulder.

"Hey Ron do you know if there's any water?" I ask. He laughs a little.

"Water? What is this? A children's birthday party?" He asks. All I want is a drink without alcohol is that so hard to find!?

"No, Ron I just want some water please I feel sick" I lie, I don't actually feel sick I'm just really thirsty and I don't want to put up with his games.

"Ok come on" He says walking over to the coffee table. He kneels down and reaches under the table and pulls out a water jug then pours some in a cup for me and puts it back under the table "We figured there would be some people like you who wouldn't want anything uh...fun" He says.

"Thanks" I say then I walk back over to Harry and show him that I've got water now.

"Oh I think that Ginny wanted to see you Gabriella" Harry says. I put my drink down on the table and go over to where Ginny is.

"I was told to find you" I say.

"Yeah, have you seen Dean?" She asks. I know she has a huge crush on him but she won't admit it.

"He's right there" I say pointing across the room.

"Thank you Gabriella!" She says. When I go back over to where Harry is standing I notice a boy from Slytherin walking away from the table I had put my drink down on but I brush it off as nothing.
————————————————————————