Chapter Thirty Three

I had plenty of time to think about Harry, Cormac and now what Emily said last night while I was procrastinating going to sleep. I compared what Emily said to my situation which is weirdly similar. I figure I will talk to Harry today about us after going with Cormac to the library. I have now just realized that the timing on those two things isn't the best but it's the best I can do. I want to try and find Emily to talk to her again. She is really good company, hopefully we will become closer friends. I have a feeling everyone in the normal group would like her, and we are all accepting people so I'm sure they wouldn't mind that she is in Slytherin. Speaking of everyone, they're staring at me. Again.

"What?" I ask as I reach for the orange juice.

"Nothing." Seamus says. I know he is just being polite though, I feel bad since lately all of the disputes within the friend group have been connected to me and my relationships. I have a sense that Hermione is over it at this point though, I guess I'll add apologizing properly to Hermione to my agenda for today. Maybe I'll do it right after breakfast just to get it over with. Luckily it's Saturday and I don't have much homework. I don't eat much at breakfast usually. Since most of the time in the morning I'm really not that hungry I usually finish first. Someone always has to stay behind so Ron doesn't eat alone. He really doesn't ever stop eating. As I clean up my plate I can feel the tension between me and Harry, he knows I'm going to the library with Cormac after breakfast and is probably plotting his revenge at this very moment. I walk out of the Great Hall, Hermione gets up anxiously and follows me. Once we make it out into the hall I stop walking and turn to her. She looks like she has been waiting to tell me something for a while now, let's just hope she can say it now  without changing her mind for some reason.

"Hermione, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you about everything earlier. You deserved to know because you are my best friend." I don't even care if she wants to stand there and tell me I'm still wrong at this point, I just want to be able to talk to her again before bed. It's been seriously awkward before bed lately. We both don't make eye contact and the only thing we would say to each other would be asking the other to blow their candle out. 

"Thank you for apologizing." She begins "Sorry for being overdramatic, I have a few things going on right now and that just made me annoyed for some reason. Anyways we can catch up on everything going on in each other's lives while you get ready for your date with Cormac." She says. It's not a date, I don't want anybody to think it's a date. Cormac and I are just friends.

"Why would you think it's a date?" I ask as we walk back to our room.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you, oh and there's the fact that he told everyone it's a date." I'm going to kill him.

"Well it's not, does Harry think that?" I ask. She nods slowly, I'm screwed. I knew that Cormac was a flirt and has had a few past girlfriends but I didn't think he would try something like that. Well it could have been a misunderstanding. I don't want to jump to any conclusions. As we walk into our room I look at the clock and see I have some time before I have to go so I get ready then pick up the guitar just to practice a little. Something sounds weird about it though, like something is inside it. I flip it around and shake it a little, a piece of parchment comes out that is folded in half. It says my name on it. I recognize the messy handwriting immediately. Why would Harry leave me a note inside my guitar? I am tempted to read it now but I want to do it later after the day is over and I have nothing else to worry about so I can just focus on whatever he had to say to me that he couldn't just say in person. I look up at the clock and it's time to go so I quickly put the note away and head out the door.

Once I walk into the library I expected to see Cormac at the back for some reason, maybe because that's where Harry and I usually sit. Anyways he was at the front with a smug look on his face. I sit down next to him. "Did you tell everyone this was a date?" I demand. His facial expression drops because I just called him out.

"Maybe." He says. I roll my eyes.

"I thought you said you didn't want to drive me crazy." I say.

"Sorry, I'll tell everyone I was kidding." He says. He moves his chair a little closer to mine. We mostly talk about quidditch and other general topics. I notice every few seconds he'll stop talking and look at me in a way I wish he wouldn't then get lost and have to start his sentence over. I start to talk about something for one of our classes when I notice him looking at me again. I lean back a little since I'm getting uncomfortable but not enough for him to notice.

"Why do you keep doing that?" I ask.

"Doing what?" He asks. I raise one eyebrow at him. "You know what, it's kind of funny that Potter hasn't asked you out yet. I'm just saying if it were me I would have already done it, a while ago." He sounds a little too confident.

"That was rude, I told you I'm not single can't you respect that?" I begin.

"Sorry, it's hard." He says. I am disgusted by the lack of respect he is giving me. I get up and push my chair in before storming out of the library.

———————————————————————