Chapter Sixty Five

It's half way through dinner and Harry is still with Dumbledore.

It's so loud in the dining hall I can barely hear the people sitting next to me. Of course Gryffindor table is the loudest because instead of solving the problem we all talk over each other louder than the last person. Once we were so loud that Snape took ten points from us, but that's just because he hates us I think.

"Will those bloody first years shut up?" I ask, clearly showing how irritated I am.

"Hey, you were one of them too." Ron butts in

"I'd like to forget that please." I reply.

"Wouldn't we all." Hermione mumbles.

I will admit I've been a little bit on edge for the past few hours. The last time I saw Harry was after our last class for the day. Then he went to Dumbledore's office, and the last time he end there it didn't really end well for me.

"Why are you so moody?" Ron asks rudely.

I cross my arms across my robes and give him a disgusted look. I see Fred and George's grins grow before Fred opens his mouth.

"It's because Harry's-"

"-At Dumbledore's and-"

"-They can't sneak off into the hallway like they always do-"

"-To snog-"

"-Come on little brother, learn to-"

"-Read females emotions better-"

I stand up and grab my things. When Harry and I go in the hall we have serious conversations. Most of the time.

Anyways I will not stay here and be made fun of by the Weasley twins. And I will most definitely not be an example for Ron to use so that he can 'read females emotions' whatever that means.

"I'm going to go to Dumbledore's to wait for Harry." I scoff as I brush by them quickly. I glance back and see the twins making kissing faces at me. I roll my eyes at them and continue walking out of dinner. I wasn't hungry anyways, there's no way I could eat while being so nervous.

Speaking of Harry, he's right here in the hall. He looks depressed again.

"Gab, I need to go with Dumbledore on a task, we have to find these things called horcruxes. I'll be back soon but I wanted to talk to you first."

"Please don't tell me you have to stop talking to me or something." I plead.

"No nothing like that, don't worry. Listen, there's a chance that something will happen when I'm out there and I just need to know that I have something worth fighting for." He says, being very vague.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I just- you are something worth fighting for, and I get it, we just started talking again a few days ago but-"

"Yes." I realize it doesn't matter what he's trying to ask, I truly don't know what he was going to ask but I know he'll feel more confident if I just say yes. And his safety is the most important thing right now.

"Oh um ok, well brilliant!" He says, his spirits seem to be lifted. He's under the impression that I was able to read his mind or something but I really still have no idea what's going on. "After I get back we'll have a night up in the astronomy tower, you can meet me there if you'd like." He says.

"Sure." I say.

"Ok, I- er have to go now I guess." He says. Those words are heart wrenching to me. I throw my arms around him and latch onto him for as long as I can. I try and hold back my tears but it's no use, he rubs my back for a few moments to comfort me before he really has to leave. He gives me empty promises that he'll be fine and things like that, but there's no guaranteeing he really will be ok. "I really can't wait any longer" he whispers, I squeeze him tighter one more time before forcing myself to let go.