Chapter Nine

I walk into my room late at night exhausted from the game and my argument with Harry. I close the door softly and lean my head against it. I can't decide if I should stay mad or not. It's really not fair to be angry with him. I guess I'm just jealous of Cho. She gets all the boys, she got Cedric and now Harry and she doesn't even have to try meanwhile I have to lie to my best friend every single day to the point where I'm starting to snap at him. All this is doing is ruining our friendship. Cho's a smart Ravenclaw girl. I'm sure she'll know how to get rid of me so she can have Harry all to herself by the end.

-------------------------------------------------------

I usually sit with Harry during potions but today he sat with Cho. At least she makes him happy. I can tell he's trying to flirt but he kind of sucks at it.

"I have decided to let you all choose your partners for the next assignment" Professor Snape says. My eyes go straight to Harry who is too busy staring at Cho to notice. "Don't make me regret this" Snape says. He's always looking for new reasons to give detentions out. I look at Harry again and Cho gives me a nasty look. I direct my gaze back to the front of the class. Harry leans towards my desk.

"Gab do you want to be partners?" He whispers. Cho kicks him under the table and whispers something in his ear. "Oh I told Cho I would be partners never mind, sorry" He says.

"What is going on over here?" Snape says, walking up to the three of us.

"Nothing, Professor" Harry says. Snape has got his chance to torture Harry and of course he takes it. Snape actually likes me surprisingly. Probably because I'm one of the only students who actually pay attention in his class.

"I don't believe your lies Potter, you act just like your father. Detention for the three of you and you have lost the privilege of choosing your own partners so I will now choose for you. Miss Clarkson you will have this displeasure of working with Potter over here. And for you Miss Chang, you will work with whoever still doesn't have a partner." I am so relieved that I am put with Harry, when we became friends in first year and Snape loved me but hated Harry he was kind enough to say that he would never tell Snape that we are friends so he doesn't gain a hatred for me as well. The only other person who didn't have a partner was Adrian Pucey so Cho had to work with him. Serves her right. "Detention will be served in the forbidden forest, Hagrid will tell you what you will need to gather" Snape says, walking away. Cho's arms are crossed and she looks very irritated. Harry looks at me and smiles because he knows we were only put together because of Snape's different opinions on us.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Ok so Hagrid said we had to find these berries" Harry says showing Cho and me a polaroid of some purple colored berry.

"Why do we have to do this? Why can't we just have a normal detention like in a classroom?" I ask. It is a bit ridiculous, it's pitch black outside so we are carrying lanterns to be able to see. Nobody really knows what things live out here so it's surprising they would send a bunch of fifth years out alone searching aimlessly.

"Well we don't want to be out here all night let's go" Cho says. I can't believe I'm forced to spend this much time with her. We walk into the forest for a while checking every bush so we can get out of here as fast as we can.

"How about I go over this way and you two go that way then we will meet up back here" Harry says.

"Ok just be careful, Harry" Cho says so innocently. I see right through her though. Cho and I start to walk in one direction checking around for the berries. This is when she proves all of the things I've been thinking about her to be true "You need to back off from Harry, he doesn't like you" She says.

"Cho, you make yourself sound ridiculous. He's my best friend. I don't like him like that" I say. She doesn't believe me though.

"Gabriella, I'm not stupid I see the way your face lit up when Snape said you two would be partners" She begins to call me out but I cut her off.

"Because I was glad I didn't have to work with someone like Adrian Pucey unlike you" I say rubbing it in.

"Wait, shut up for a second" She says. I was going to say something back but I hear what sounds like footsteps.
————————————————————————
***I know that Cho doesn't/wouldn't actually act like this. It is purely to make the story more interesting***