Chapter Eight

"I'm nervous" I say as we wait to go out into the pitch. Practice was good but I still get nervous before games. Once I'm out there though it's like nobody's watching I block out the crowd and just play to win and we do win, every single time. Gryffindor is undefeated this season but it's all because of Harry, he is the best seeker that Gryffindor has seen in years.

"Don't be, you'll do fine" Harry says.

"As long as you can keep up with me" Ginny says, smirking while putting her gloves on.

"Admit it Gabriella is way faster than you Ginny" Ron says, coming up behind us.

"She is not!" Ginny snaps at him.

"Is too!" Ron argues.

"Hey let's not fight right before we go out" I say trying to defuse the tension.

"It's time, is everyone ready?" Harry asks. We all nod.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Gryffindor section of the crowd roars as Ginny scores yet another goal. She has scored four this game I have only scored three, a bludger barely misses my head.

"Gabriella!" Ginny yells. I look over at her and she throws the quaffle at me, I am right next to the hoop so I expect a lot of people to try and beat bludgers at me, two chasers from the other team fly at me. I move out of the way just in time, they collide with each other and fall off their brooms. This gives me the perfect chance to score while the keeper is looking the other way; I put all of my force into throwing the quaffle through that hoop. It goes in luckily the crowd cheers giving me more confidence. I fly back from the hoop a little and the crowd cheers even louder letting me know Harry caught the snitch. I look up to see him way higher in the air than I am holding the snitch for everyone to see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the Gryffindor common room everyone is celebrating the victory when Harry comes up to me "Was Cho at the game?" He asks. Everytime he mentions her my whole mood drops.

"Yeah she was" I say.

"Do you think she would want to see me?" He asks. He looks hopeful, I can't tell him no.

"Maybe but-" I begin.

"I'm going to go find her" He says. He walks away leaving me standing there alone. I want to cry, we just won a quidditch game and I want to cry. I walk away and sort of hang out by myself for a while until Harry comes back he runs up to me and hugs me tightly lifting my mood instantly.

"What is it?" I ask.

"She wants to go on a date! Cho of couse" He says, I feel like I just got kicked in the stomach repetitively, I was happy for about five seconds then it got ripped away with one sentence. I put on a fake smile for him though.

"That's great!" I say. It feels wrong to say, I can't bear the idea of him with someone else and I especially can't bear encouraging it. I feel my eyes start to be filled with a familiar warm liquid. I turn away from him so he can't see the tears start to stream down my face.

"Hey what's wrong?" He asks.

"Nothing, I just hurt my hand during the game" I say, wiping my nose with my sleeve.

"I could get you some ice" He says. I don't want to be near him right now; I know he can't really control it but I'm angry with him for liking her, why does it feel like all of a sudden I am the second choice of my best friend.

"I just want to be alone ok" I say as calmly as I can.

"What? You don't make any sense" He says.

"Me!? Ugh sometimes you make me so angry Harry!" I snap at him.

"What did I even do?" He asks, generally confused.

"You don't stop talking about her ever! Do I even matter to you anymore?" I ask raising my voice a little.

"Of course I do, Gab. I feel like there's something you're not telling me though" He says. I can't let him figure it out.

"Just go away" I say.

"But Gab-" He starts.

"I said go away, Harry" I say sharply. He looks hurt by my harsh words but I am more hurt overall than he is.

"Sorry" He says before walking away from me.
————————————————————————