Chapter Fourty One

We stay sitting in silence for a while, enjoying each other's company. I like that we don't have to say anything or do anything to be spending time with each other. He looks at me like he wants to say something but then just looks away again.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing it's stupid." He says. I insist on him telling me. "I was going to say that someone left their radio." He says looking over at the table where people usually play chess. I know what he's trying to get at so I go over and turn it on. I know the song very well that comes on. Harry doesn't seem to recognize it.

"You don't know this song do you?" I ask, He shakes his head. "It's called Centerfold by The J. Geils Band. One of my friends from back home showed it to me." I say.

"Who is this friend?" He asks.

"Don't worry it's not a boy." I go back over to him and grab both of his hands to pull him up off the sofa. I start to dance around a little bit he is reluctant to join me "Oh come on you can fight a dragon but you can't dance?" I ask.

"Oh I can dance I'm just worried you aren't ready for my brilliant skills." He says, sarcastically of course. He is really a terrible dancer. We start to match the upbeat music with huge smiles on our faces. He spins me around once and pulls me into him as we stay swaying back and forth to the music.

Eventually we rest our heads on each other's shoulders while listening to whatever random song came in next. I wish I could feel this amount of joy all the time. Like I haven't a care in the world, it's just us.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"They posted the quidditch teams!" Seamus says running into the common room. It's been about a week since tryouts. Today is exceptionally warm out, it's nearly 80 °F. Ginny and I were sitting together, we both jump up and sprint down to the Great Hall where people are handing out the school flyer. Every  season they post they like to post the teams on the back cover. I spot someone with a flyer in their hand and walk up to them. It's Neville "Hey Neville, could I see your flyer to check the quidditch teams?" I ask.

"Oh hi Gabriella. Of course, you can keep it I'm done." He says. Nice boy.

Ginny rips it out of my hands and turns it over "Well?" I ask.

She begins to recite what the article says "This years Gryffindor seeker will be played by Harry Potter." No surprise there she mumbles out the other positions before saying "Ok ok,  it says this years Chasers will be played by Katie Bell, Gabriella Clarkson, and Ginny Weasley!" We knew that we would make it but there's always the thought that you might not. Harry will be glad to know he made it if he doesn't already know. Ginny looks happy but not as happy as usual.

"What?" I ask.

"Don't tell Ron." She says. I didn't even notice because I was so happy but, Ron didn't make it. How could he have not made it? I don't even remember who the other person to try out was.

"Hey ladies, you are looking at the new keeper for the Gryffindor team." Cormac says approaching us.

"Shove off McLaggen." Ginny says, brushing past him making sure to hit his shoulder as she goes by. He puts a hand on his shoulder and acts like it hurt "Ouch, what's up with her?" He asks me. I roll my eyes and follow after Ginny.

"Ginny, I won't tell him but he's going to find out." I say.

"Yeah I got that!" She snaps. "You know, I'm so sick of having to worry about it him. He always says that he's the least favorite and all of my brothers say that our parents like me better but that's not true just because I'm the only girl! And now this, it'll just give Ron another reason to complain." She says. I know what she means. But at the same time I see both sides of it. Ginny has never been compared to any of her siblings like they all are. She's always been put on the pedestal of being perfect. At the same time it puts a lot of pressure on her and I feel bad for her. It's hard for everyone but Mr. and Mrs. Weasley are so excepting so I don't get why each of them, with the exception of Fred and George who couldn't care less, try to compete for being the favorite child. When I became friends with them I was sort of entered into the contest, same goes for Harry when he was introduced to the family. I just laugh at it all since I know that they could never have a favorite. Although it's different when you're an actual part of the family. I do feel bad for Ron, and Ginny. I just don't know how Ron is going to take this. I swear the last thing I need right now is an argument between Ron and Ginny.

"You're probably going to kill me for saying this but try to look at it from Ron's perspective." I say.

"You sound like my parents." She scoffs. I probably do, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong. I can hear two awfully boisterous boys from down the hall. Once they get closer I see one of them happens to be my boyfriend and the other, Ron.

"That's a load of rubbish!" Harry says.

"You're telling me." Ron says. I assume they found out. This brings me back to feeling bad for Ron. He is always coming in second to his best friend and sister. They see us and stop.

"Oh hey, did you guys see the roster?" Harry asks. We both nod and look anywhere but at Ron. "Of course it had to be McLaggen." Harry adds.

"You aren't helping." I mutter. It's very awkward, here we are standing in the middle of the hallway complaining about how Ron didn't make the quidditch team while the rest of us have a spot. Yeah I feel terrible for Ron right about now. I follow Ginny's gaze to Harry who's looking at me. She was giving him the same look she gives Dean. Weird.

———————————————————————

Go look up that song that I put up there, it's really good.