Chapter Thirty Six

I reread the letter over and over, each time I find new parts I live about it. He's so pure and polite. I need to go find him, I look at the clock and it's not late he should still be down in the common room. I fold the letter back up and put it away in a special box. It's wooden and shaped like a little treasure chest but it's small, I keep important things in it. I hide the key in my closet in the back. Some other things in the box are a ring I got from my grandmother, my first train ticket for the Hogwarts Express and the guitar pick that I used on Christmas to teach Harry for the first time. I put the letter in and lock the box then head down the stairs. Everyone is still sitting around the fire, talking, laughing and sipping on freshly made hot chocolate. I sit next to Harry and tell him that I need to talk. He looks scared out of his mind. We go out into the balcony "I got your letter, sorry it took me so long to read" I say.

"It's a no right? It was stupid of me to think you would actually say yes. Look at you, you're too good for me" he starts putting himself down.

"No Harry, it's a yes" I say. He looks surprised for a few seconds the he smiles so big, his smile is contagious so I can't help myself but join him. He pulls me in for a warm hug. It makes me never want to let go even thought it's freezing out and it would be warmer back inside. He's the happiest I've seen him in a while.

"So this means I can tell everyone right?" He asks. I nod "Good, I can't wait to tell everyone." He says. I try not to laugh at him because he seems so excited, it's so cute. At the same time I can't believe I'm actually dating him. It's really official, this is all I've wanted for I can't even remember how long. We walk back into the common room holding hands. I think everyone suspected this happening. He looks at me for my approval, I give him a little nod "Gabriella and I are dating" he blurts out. He really could not contain it any longer. None of them really seem surprised.

"I thought you already where" Dean says. I try and act like it's not a big deal either even though I feel like I might explode. I feel a sense of being complete. Like there has been a problem for so long and now it's solved. I'm truly content with my life right now. Well except for that detention, but that might be fun considering who I'll be spending it with. It's getting a little late and I also want to go talk to Hermione back in our room so I say Goodnight to everyone and start to head upstairs. I am half way up the stairs when I hear someone behind me, I assume it's Ginny or someone but it's not once Harry catches up to me. I turn around confused as to why he would be coming up the girls dormitory stairs.

"What are you doing?" I ask. I am standing one stair above him making me basically the same height as him. I've never really been at his height so it's a little weird. He probably thought the same thing because he steps up onto the next step too. He grabs both of my hands which worries me a little "What?" I ask  again, this time there is more concern in my voice.

"What I'm not allowed to hold my girlfriends hands?" He puts an emphasis on 'girlfriends' which makes me smile a little. Some girls say that they don't like labels or anything but I do. I really like being called his girlfriend. It makes it feel real, like now when people ask I can finally say yes, I am Harry Potter's girlfriend. He starts talking again pulling me out of my thoughts "Well I also wanted to say Goodnight to you but not in front of everyone" He gives me a kiss before saying Goodnight. Every time he kisses me I feel so caught off guard. I continue up the stairs and into my room. Hermione, like always is reading on her bed. She wasn't in the common room tonight so I get to tell her what happened.

"Mione, I have some very exciting news." I was trying to stay calm before but now that it's just me and Hermione I can let it out.

"What?" She asks actually looking up from her book, showing that she is interested in what I've got to say to her.

"Actually let me show you." I go over to where I put my box away and where I keep the key. I unlock the box and take out the note that Harry had put together so thoughtfully. I then hand it to her to read. She smiles while reading it to herself. She'll probably use parts of it later to tease me. And I could only imagine how Ginny would react to reading it.

"It really took him ten times to get it right?" She asks laughing a little.

"Apparently, but he could've said it in whatever way and I still would've said yes." I say. She gives me a look of  'yeah I know' and keeps reading it.

"Finally." She says handing it back to me. Nobody had really seemed very impressed or surprised by this. "Everyone knew that you and Harry where going to end up together except for you and Harry." she continues. Well maybe that's why nobody cared when we told them. It doesn't really matter to me though. I'm just glad that Harry and I have things figured out.

————————————————————————

I probably will not post on Christmas Eve or day for obvious reasons but there is a possibility I will :)