Chapter Twenty Six

It was nice to spend some time with my parents. I told them all about what had happened at school this year. I purposely left out the dementors part though. My mom and I are very close so the first night I got back I told her about Harry, I left out some parts but I basically told her how I had a crush on him. She said that she thought that I had always had a crush on him after I came home from first year. All I could talk about was Harry. I also told my dad about how quidditch was going and how Gryffindor has been undefeated. He was very proud considering he was the captain of the Ravenclaw team when he went to Hogwarts. My parents are excited to go to the Weasley's. They said that they haven't visited in a while.

As soon as we walk in we are greeted by hugs from everyone. Harry's feels extra welcoming. Maybe that's just me though. I go upstairs and put my stuff in Ginny's room. Christmas Eve is always fun, we have a huge meal then at the end I get to stay over while my parents go home. The Burrow is cozy and comforting, it makes me happy to see everyone gathered around in the living room spending time together. It's nothing special, it's just nostalgic. I talk to Mrs. Weasley, she is a wonderful person. I hope one day I could be as good of a mother as her. She asks me how I am doing in school and in general. I tell her I'm well then I go sit down next to Ginny. She's already had enough of all of her brothers.
"So who's excited for dinner?" Ron asks.

"Ron is food the only thing you care about? How about the fact that we are all together and everybody is healthy and well?" Hermione asks. I saw the two of them talking outside earlier, I'm assuming he said something to upset her.

Shortly after dinner is ready. I sit in between Harry and Ginny. Mrs. Weasley's cooking is delicious as always. So much food is put out yet it all gets eaten between all fourteen people. Fred and George keep making jokes and Percy will glare at them each time saying that it was "Inappropriate for a Christmas Eve dinner." He is so propper it's almost as if he's not part of the Weasley family. My parents leave shortly after dinner because they didn't want to stay out too late.

It's always so much fun on Christmas Eve because all of us kids stay up later than we are really supposed to. After Mr. and Mrs. Weasley go up to bed, we all stay in the living room and decide what game to play.

"Ooh how about that one we played a few years ago, we made it up ourselves." Harry says. I remember loving that game. We play outside in the woods even though it's freezing and dark it's still so fun. One person is it while everyone else hides in the woods as they count to sixty. The goal is to find everyone and tag them before they can get back to the house. It's almost impossible to win if you're it but it's more about having fun than winning. Everyone agrees to play. We aren't allowed to be outside this late at night in the winter so we have to make sure to be quiet. We all get bundled up so we don't freeze. Nobody wants to be it so it takes a while to decide who should be it. Ginny ends up volunteering just to speed things up. She's fast too so I would rather get a good hiding spot than have to run from her. We all run into the woods and try to find a spot, everyone uses their wands as flashlights until they find a spot then they turn it off to not give it away. I am walking around past a tree that I think might be a good spot when somebody pulls me into a big bush.

"Turn that thing out you're going to give away my spot." Harry says. I guess we have to hide together now since our time must be up. We stand huddled up together but it's just to stay warm. At least I think that's why he's practically hugging me. We stay there for a while but it starts to get boring so we start talking.

"Do you have a watch?" I whisper.

"Yeah why?" He asks.

"Because it's probably almost Christmas." I say.

"It's 11:59." He says. He turns away for a moment and I hear him mumble something while he uses his wand. He looks up, I follow his eyes to see a mistletoe plant start to grow above us. I can't see his face that well, just his figure so I can't tell if he's being serious or not. I get my answer when he pulls me closer to him. I can't believe that this is actually happening right now, I start to shake a little and not because I'm cold. I can't see anything and I think he knows that because he uses one hand to guide my head to his. I thought that one of us would wimp out after a couple seconds but no, we go on until we are blinded by a bright light. We both pull away and look to see Ginny standing right in front of us.

"I won't tell anyone that you were snogging if you let me tag you." She says.

"We weren't-" I start.

"Yes you were." She says. It was so blatantly obvious, we were still standing inches apart.

"Fine." I say reluctantly. She tags both of us then continues to go and look for more people. Before we start to walk back Harry checks his watch again.

"Merry Christmas, Gab." He says.

"Merry Christmas, Harry." I say. We use our wands and go back to the house.

————————————————————————