Chapter Five

"Hey Gab we were just talking about you" Harry says. He was talking about me, maybe that means something. Probably not though.

"What about?" I ask.

"Quidditch" He says. I knew it. Why would Harry ever actually talk about me in that way? I make myself sound so naive.

"Oh cool" I say, taking a sip out of my water. After finishing my water I feel dizzy and assume that maybe that Slytherin kid put something in it. I tap Harry.

"What is it Gab?" he asks.

"I don't feel good" I say, holding onto his arm; which I normally wouldn't do, so he knows something is wrong.

"Sit down, you don't look good either" He says. He walks me over to the stairs. I sit down on the first step and he sits next to me. I rest my head on his shoulder, I'm pretty sure he said something but I can't hear anything over my pounding head.

"I want to go up to my room" I say. I'm sure my words are horribly slurred. He stands up and helps me up, this is the one excuse for me to be holding onto him so tightly. The stairs feel like they are moving while we walk up them although I'm pretty sure Harry was doing all of the work getting me to my room. He opens the door and has me sit on the bed.

"You should go to sleep" He says.

"I'm not really tired though" I say.

"But you said you wanted to go up to your room" He says.

"Oh well I change my mind" I say jumping up. He puts his hands on my shoulders and steps in front of me.

"Sit back down" He says. I ignore him and try to keep walking but he holds me back. "Please don't be difficult Gabriella" He says. I look up at him and my face must have given it away because he says "Sorry I didn't mean it like that, let's just sit down" We sit on the bed, I can smell his cologne, he must have put extra on because it's usually not that heavy. But it smells good and I don't mind. I look at the rose on my nightstand and smile.

"Harry, you're one of the best guys I know, correction you are the best guy I know I hope someday my boyfriend treats me the way you do" I blurt out.

"Oh thanks Gab" He says smiling at me.

"You know how you like Cho" I say. He nods "Would you do this for her, you know stay with her while there's a whole party you're missing down there?" I ask. He smiles and laughs to himself a little

"I'll answer that tomorrow if you can even remember this conversation, I mean come on Gab it was one drink toughen up" he says, mocking me.

"I don't know what you're talking about" I say, crossing my arms. He hugs me. I hesitantly hug him back.

"I'm just glad you're ok" He says. He gives really really good hugs. I love the feeling of being in his arms, it makes me feel safe.

"Do you have any Idea who tampered with your drink?" He asks, pulling away.

"It was a boy from Slytherin, I don't know who though" I say.

"Ok I'll keep my eye out for him" Harry says. He is trying to hide how angry he really is but I can see right through him.

"Well what are you going to do when you find out who it was?" I ask, I'm generally worried for his answer.

"You don't have to worry about it" He says. Typical Harry.

"Harry what are you going to do?" I ask this time in a sharp tone but he can't take me seriously like this. "Answer me" I say.

"Gab don't worry about it I'm just going to tell him to stay away from you" He says. I don't believe him. "Ok it's time for you to go to bed. Close your eyes I'll stay with you until you're asleep" I do as he says but I can't sleep now. He continuously yawns and is trying hard to stay awake obviously.

"You can lay down too" I say patting a spot on my bed.

"No, it's fine, I don't need to" He says. But I can tell that he really just feels awkward doing that no matter how badly he wants to just close his eyes.
————————————————————————