Chapter Three

As Friday approaches I pray that Cho won't be at the party so I could maybe get a night with just the two of us. If that were the case I could try and guess how Harry feels about me. "This is hopeless; he loves Cho. What am I thinking?" I mumble under my breath

"What? I didn't catch that"  Hermione says, taking a sip of her pumpkin juice.

"Oh nothing I was just talking to myself" I laugh awkwardly a little.

"Oh well anyways I heard you and Harry are going to the party tonight as friends, that's nice" She says. The "As friends" part is like nails on a chalkboard to my ears.

"Yep, hey did you hear if Cho Chang is going?" I ask.

"No she got the Flu I heard" She says. Although it may be evil I couldn't help but feel a rush of joy at the fact that she can't attend the party.

"Oh that's terrible, hopefully she feels better soon" I say.

"Yeah, not to be rude but she's not my favorite person" She says. That gives me a little bit of hope in not being the only one who sees it.

"Really? Me too" I say gladly. 

"She just seems a little immature for me" Hermione says. I nod my head and agree.
-------------------------------------------------------
"Ugh I have nothing to wear!" I say throwing a shirt on the floor

"Gabriella you don't even need to stress it's not like you're going with a real date or anything, it's just Harry" Hermione says.

"But it's important to me!" I say without thinking.

"Why? It's not like you- oh no" she says.

"What!?" I ask nervously.

"You like Harry" She says. She figured it out. Honestly I'm not surprised she was the first one. I can't lie to her especially because she said it plain out and simple like that.

"Yes I do Hermione. You guessed it, now help me find an outfit to make myself look presentable" I say looking through my closet.

"Ok ok how about this?" She pulls out a white collared T-shirt and a burgundy sweater vest.

"Ok should I just wear jeans?" I say, she nods. "You really think he'll like it?" I ask even though no matter what she says I know he won't be thinking about me in that way tonight.

"You'll look gorgeous now get dressed, I'll see you there" She says, she walks out. I get dressed and do the last of my makeup then sit on the end of my bed and wait for Harry to knock on the door. About ten minutes go by and I begin to worry that he stood me up. No he wouldn't do that would he?  Then I hear a light knock on the door.
————————————————————————
Sorry that this one was a little shorter