Chapter Thirty One

"My wand is at the bottom of The Black Lake." Harry says. There wasn't enough time before to do this but I point my wand up.

"Accio Harry's wand." I say. The wand comes flying at us and lands on the ground at my feet, I pick it up and give it back to Harry. He thanks me before we walk back to the castle.

Back in the common room there are more people than before, we tell everyone what happened. They all walk up to us and ask a bunch of questions with the exception of Hermione who can't bear to show any sort of sympathy. Instead she stands off to the side looking awkward and rude. Almost everyone notices which makes her look like even more of a fool. My guitar was in the same place we left it, luckily nobody damaged it. I pick it up to bring back to my room but then realize Hermione is headed up the stairs too. I really don't want to talk with her right now so I sit back down. Harry notices and says I could put it in his room for now. I have been worried that someone will ruin the guitar by scratching it or knocking it over and breaking it or something, so it was generous of Harry to let me do that. I give it to him so he can go put it away. Most of the other people have cleared out by then so now it's just me, Ginny, and a few other fourth year girls.

"Harry's your boyfriend right?" One of them asks. My eyes widen.

"My what?" I stutter out.

"Oh I'm sorry I just assumed he was since you two act like it a lot. Who else would offer to let you put your things in their room?" She points out. I hadn't noticed that we do act like a couple most of the time. If one person thought we were dating, does everyone? If they do we might as well just make it official. I get it if he doesn't want to though. Well what about what I want, maybe I'm letting Harry control our relationship too much. I should just say it flat out to him. I ask the rest of them if they thought that we were dating and they all nod, especially Ginny who knows we aren't but likes to instigate. I suppress a smile. Even people just thinking Harry and I are together makes me beam with joy. Harry comes back down the stairs and all them look at him and start to giggle. I roll my eyes, they are only a year under me but they seem so much less mature.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm late to DADA so I'm not really looking where I am going, I walk as fast as I can trying to get there before the bell, it rings startling me into going faster. I am looking at the ground when I bump into someone dropping all of my books and being knocked over.

"Sorry let me help you with that." A familiar says. I look up to see Cormac McLaggen. He offers me his hand to help me up.

"Thank you, I'm late." I say brushing by him after gathering my books myself. He starts to say something else but I ignore him to get to my class.

I had forgotten that Cormac is in my class so it's quite awkward when he sits next to me in the only seat left. He tends to be a little bit of a flirt so I don't think anything of it when he starts with me. He keeps commenting on my eyes and smile and other generic things. I notice Harry glaring a couple of times but I give him a look to reassure that it's completely one sided.

"So you and Potter are together right?" He asks. I guess everyone really does think we're dating. I laugh a little and say that we are not together. "Oh so you're telling me you're single?" He asks. I laugh again.

"Not really, I'm at the stage where you think that they'll ask you out soon but you aren't sure so you don't bring it up but it drives you crazy." I say. We both laugh.

"You're funny, would you want to hang out sometime out of the classroom, as friends of course. I don't need to be one more thing driving you crazy." He says.

"Yeah sure that sounds great." I say. Hopefully Harry won't mind me being friends with Cormac, it's not like I like him as more than a friend or anything and I should be allowed to have friends that are guys. Just like he has Hermione. Well he doesn't really have her right now because of me but that's besides the point.

After class is over Harry pulls me aside in the hall, "What did McLaggen want with you?" He asks. I tell him it's nothing and try to keep walking but he starts talking again making me turn around "He's a player you know." He adds.

"I don't like him like that, I told him I wasn't single anyways. He knows about us." I say, Harry's facial expression softens after I mention our relationship.

"Oh ok." He says with a little smile. I kiss him on the cheek and wave goodbye as I walk in the opposite direction. I glance back to see him standing in the middle of the hallway just where I left him with a big smile on his face and his hand on the spot I kissed him. That could've completely backfired but it didn't.

After a few seconds of me walking away he catches up to me. "Wait, I should give you your guitar back now." He says. He seems oddly excited to give it back.

———————————————————————