Chapter Twenty Two

"Where do you want to go?" I ask.

"Uh we could go into Gladrags, I think they have a new broom out." He says. We walk in and see a familiar bleach blonde haired boy. I've been saying for years now that there is just no way that he doesn't die it to look like that.

"What are you doing here Potter? It's not like you could afford anything worth buying anyways." He says, he is so cocky it makes me cringe. Also he is wrong about Harry. I don't know where he got the idea that he was poor, he most certainly is not.

"None of your business." Harry says, trying to ignore him.

"Oh and I see you have your blood trading friend with you, well you've got a few of those." He says. He knows exactly what buttons to push.

"Just shut up Malfoy, don't you have better things to do like go whining to your daddy?" Harry asks with a grin, I hold back a laugh.

"You think that's funny?" He asks, trying to sound intimidating or something.

"Yes. It's true, solve your own problems for once." I snap back. He looks furious probably because most people don't have the guts to stand up to him but Harry and I know that he's all talk. He looks us up and down then laughs to himself.

"Right then Scarhead and blood traitor I'll be on my way." He says.

"Don't call her a blood traitor you git!" Harry says.

"Ooh looks like Potter's got a crush, good luck Clarkson he's mental. He believes that The Dark Lord is back." Draco says.

"Because he is back!" I say louder than I had meant.

"Yeah right." He says before walking out, his possi right behind him. Gosh I hate him. I bet that none of his 'friends' actually like him; they just like him for his money or because their parents force them to.

"He has no right talking to you like that, he does it just to get on my nerves." Harry says.

"Just don't let it bother you." I say.

"That's easy for you to say." He says. I really don't understand how Draco is able to make Harry so angry so quickly. I would just brush it off. Maybe it's because he always brings up Harry's parents, in that case I wouldn't be able to let it go either.

"Let's not let him ruin the rest of our time here." I say trying to get his mind off of it. We look around at the new equipment they have, Harry could look at it for hours but I tend to lose interest a little quicker. I look at Harry the same way that Harry looks at quidditch equipment. That's sad. We walk out and I feel a snowball hit me in the back of the head, although I'm pretty sure it was more made out of ice than snow. "Ow!" I say rubbing the back of my head, we both turn around and see Draco and his friends laughing. Harry walks up to Draco and pushes him into a pile of snow on the side of the street then laughs at him, I laugh too. He's so overdramatic. He whimpers as Harry walks back over to me while his followers help him up. He shakes the snow out of his gloves and hat.

"You just wait Potter, next time it'll be you on the ground!" He continues yelling but we ignore him and walk away.

"Sorry this hasn't been the most fun date, I have an idea to make it better though." Harry says. He grabs my hand again and starts walking down the path until we get to where the Shrieking Shack is.

"Harry what are you doing?" I ask

"Come on, don't tell me you're scared." He says.

"I am not." I retort, trying to prove I'm not a wimp. We keep walking up the path. I hear a noise off in the distance that must have been an animal of some sort. I jump at the noise and tighten my grip on Harry's hand. He snickers a little bit but holds in his laugh not to be rude. I keep looking around us to make sure nothings going to jump out. I hope Harry doesn't notice but he definitely does. We approach the shack and I get more nervous. I won't say anything but there could be dementors in the shack and that's really why I'm nervous.

We walk up the many staircases and come to a room that's quite familiar. It's the same one from the night we met Sirius.

"Ah the memories." Harry says jokingly. I laugh at him. "One minute, I want to go see something." He says leaving me all alone. I didn't want to seem scared so I didn't follow him. I look around the room. After a few minutes I haven't heard anything from Harry and start to get worried.

"Harry?" I ask walking towards the way he went. Still no response "Harry?" I ask again, still walking. I start to get worried that a dementor got him or worse. I always think of the worst possible situation. Somebody grabs me from behind. I scream for Harry's help but then I hear his laugh. I turn around and hit him on the arm repeatedly saying "That's not funny I was worried about you!"

"Oh so you worry about me now do you?" He asks.

"Of course I do, you're my best friend." I cover up that it's really the fact that I have feelings for him. He is still laughing at me.

"You should have heard how scared you were." He says.

"Yeah I know Harry, I was there." I respond sarcastically. He looks at me again like he did that night at the astronomy tower only this time he doesn't stop as quickly. He starts to lean towards me slightly then pulls back and shakes his head. What was that? He couldn't have been about to kiss me. It's probably just me being desperate for him. I'll ask Hermione later just to see what she thinks.
————————————————————————