025

December 2nd

With everyone's impatience growing as the rumored snowstorm had yet to happen, their dreams came true during the last class of the day. They all looked out the window to see flurries of snow starting to fall, and immediately lost their focus on their schoolwork and turned their focus onto the beginning of what would be a snowstorm that would last for days.

Skye, who was currently standing on a stepladder painting her mural for Mrs. Cloud, noticed how Levi wasn't paying any sort of attention to making sure she didn't fall off the ladder. She let out a sigh, putting down her brushed and attempting to get Levi's attention.

"Hey, dummy." She whispered, poking his cheek, which immediately got his attention.

"Hm?" Levi turned, looking up at her with a puzzled face.

"The snow can wait. You gotta make sure I don't fall and die." Skye said.

"And die?" His eyes widened. She sure knew how to put some fear into him.

"Um, yeah." She furrowed her eyebrows. "Why else would Mrs. Cloud tell you to look out for me instead of doing actual art?"

"Cause it's hard to paint left-handed when I'm right-handed?" Levi questioned.

"Cause I could fall and die, but that too," Skye replied, then went back to her painting. Only the seniors were able to do murals, so Skye was taking all of it seriously, making sure it was absolutely perfect.

"Well, you're not getting hurt on my watch," Levi said.

Skye stopped what she was doing, looking down at him and giving him a look, one that screamed "think about what you just said." "Levi."

"Oh, right." He chuckled, realizing Skye was referring to homecoming night, which he tried to forget part of. "Kind of already did that."

"Whatever, that wasn't your fault. I was just still being the salty loser who lost her best friend." She sighed.

"Were you jealous?" Levi smirked, leaning against the wall. The dry part, of course. Although it would be funny if Levi accidentally leaned against wet paint and got it on his shirt.

"What? No!" Skye exclaimed.

"It's fine, you can say it." He said. "I mean, I'd be jealous if I saw you with Hunter or something."

Skye's eyes widened for a brief moment, taken aback by the last thing Levi said. Thinking to herself, "why would he say that?", Skye stopped her painting once more. Levi couldn't explain why he'd be jealous without it sounding suspicious, but the same went for Skye on why she'd be jealous herself.

"Why Hunter?" Skye turned. "What if I secretly wanted Xavier?"

"Well, do you?" Levi asked.

"Hell no." She replied. She wouldn't say it out loud to avoid Xavier's feelings getting hurt, but guys who are shorter than her aren't her type. Good thing Levi towers over her.

"Oh, good." He said, holding back on taking a sigh of relief.

"And I wouldn't want Hunter either," Skye said. Maybe this would be a good time to take a sigh of relief. Levi wouldn't know what to do if Skye said she had a crush on him.