031

December 23rd

Flash forward to the last day of school before everyone was off for winter break, the students, even the teachers, couldn't wait for that final bell to ring. Out of all of the students of Wintersville high school though, Levi Daniels was the most excited as he would be giving Skye his gift that had been in the making for quite some time. He was expecting some tears, good ones, but what mattered most was that Skye liked what he had gotten.

As the school day neared its end, Levi was absolutely itching to show Skye his big surprise for her before they went off for winter break. He couldn't help but glance at her every so often when she wouldn't notice as she was focused on her painting. She was making some final touches before turning it in (even though it wasn't even due yet), and she wanted it to be as perfect as it could be. If she asked Levi (aka an amateur in her mind) how he felt about it, he would say it was perfect, but the perfectionist "expert" in her would think otherwise.

Levi peered his head from behind the easel, smiling like a little idiot as he looked over at Skye. She peered over as well, taking Levi by surprise and raising an eyebrow at him. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"No reason." He stammered, but Skye wasn't buying it.

"Mhm." She rolled her eyes and went to finish up her painting. A few moments later, she got up and carefully placed it on the drying rack and informed Mrs. Cloud that she was finished then returned to her seat.

"Okay, Levi," Skye said as she placed her hands on the table. "Do you have something planned?"

"How did you know?" Levi gawked then immediately covered his mouth with his hand as he just spoiled his surprise for Skye.

"I didn't, I just tricked you into telling me." She grinned. "Plus, we're about to start winter break."

"You got me." He sighed. Right after that, Mrs. Cloud asked everyone to clean up, and so Skye helped Levi clean up their table before the bell rang. While he put his painting (as he had gotten used to being temporarily left-handed) on the rack, she went to wipe down the table. Once Levi came back, he grabbed paper towels to dry down the table to spare Skye from doing more work.

"Thanks." She said to him, then threw her backpack on her shoulders. The bell rang a moment later, and the students proceeded to run out of the classroom without even wishing their teacher a happy holiday. Skye did of course, and then Levi did as well just because she did.

"See you next year!" Mrs. Cloud waved. Get it? They weren't going back to school until after the new year, and things would surely be different by that time.

Skye and Levi headed out of the classroom and went down the halls until they reached the exit, but Levi stopped Skye in her tracks before they could step outside. "Wait."

"Hm?" She turned around in confusion.

"Close your eyes." He ordered, which made Skye even more confused.

"What?"

"Just do it!" Levi demanded. "It's for your surprise."

"Fine." Skye scoffed and closed her eyes. "You're guiding me right?"

"Yup, just hold onto my arm and trust me." He said and she did just exactly that. Arms intertwined, Levi opened the door for Skye and held it then made sure it didn't slam in her face. Despite everyone looking at them wondering what the hell they were doing, Levi guided Skye to their surprise destination, feeling his excitement grow with each step.