004

September 11th

Dear Future Me,

I really miss Nikki. I mean, I miss having someone by my side more than anything. She was always there for me, but as you know, that gradually stopped happening.

I don't want to seem selfish, but can you blame a girl for wanting her best friend? Maybe it's my fault that I didn't give other people a chance because now I feel more alone than ever. Yeah, there's Levi who only annoys me just because, but it's not the same. Nikki and Levi are nowhere near the same.

Maybe I could make things right, but I doubt that Nikki would want to talk to me right now, let alone ever. I'm just gonna have to make do until there's some sort of miracle. I could try to ease up around Levi, but do I really want to? Not really. He can be kind of nice I guess.

I can't believe I even just said that. Side note: feel free to slap yourself now.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

By the end of the week, Skye could not wait for it to be the weekend, literally. She couldn't wait for a second longer. She wanted to explode at this point. It was kind of sad, really. Obviously, everybody yearns for the weekend, but this was different. It was impossible to have a positive attitude, but she had to try her best anyway.

When Skye's dad got home from work on Skye's first day of school, it was safe to say he was not pleased to hear what happened that morning. He didn't get mad at his daughter though, but unfortunately, he had to tell her that she would have to wait until Christmas for a new bike if she were to want a new one. The Simmons weren't made of money, especially since Skye only had one parent around, but they got by. Spending however-so-many dollars on a bike just wasn't in the cards right now.

Due to her father's work schedule and not being to get a new bike right away, Skye had no choice but to walk to and from school. Now, because of this, she had to wake up earlier than usual so she could walk to school and have plenty of time to spare. Skye hated running late, and she especially hated being in such a rush. She liked taking her time, and if she had to make a sacrifice to her sleep schedule then so be it.

The school day had its bumps in the road as Skye yawned her way through every class. If it weren't for the super chattery Levi, she would've straight up passed out with her face pressed against the desk. She managed to have some relaxation time as she finished her work early in her other classes, but it didn't make up for her tiredness. Thankfully at lunchtime, she could indulge and maybe get some energy, even if it was from the questionable school food.

Levi watched Skye munch down on her food like a wild animal, not even taking her time to chew or even spark up a conversation with him. It's not like she had the desire to willingly talk to him anyway, but Levi did.

"Hey, uh, so I saw you walking home yesterday." He said in an attempt to start a conversation. Levi wasn't chowing down like Skye, mostly because he didn't want to, ya know, risk choking and dying before the football season properly started.

His words definitely got her attention as Skye turned to Levi and gave him a look, raising an eyebrow as she finished chewing her food. "Oh, so you're Mr. Stalker now?"