021

November 25th

The week of Thanksgiving was always an exciting week for the Wintersville school district. Why? Because all of the kids got a half-day of school Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday leading up to Thanksgiving break. The excitement never ended, even for the seniors during their final year, plus the best part was that they got out before the middle and elementary schoolers.

Now on Wednesday aka one day before Thanksgiving and the turkey bowl, the school day was an easy one considering their schedule was cut in half. The best part for Skye was that she was up to date with all of her assignments, so she basically didn't have to do a thing besides just be in attendance. Gotta love the American public school system, right?

Skye currently sat in her AP Spanish class, sitting with Hunter and watching the other students do extra credit work while she had nothing to do. There was no need for her to do any extra credit, so all she did was sit there bored out of her mind. Thankfully, her teacher called for her name, making her almost fall out of her chair as she was practically in a trance while staring into space.

"Ms. Simmons!"

"Yes?" Skye replied, seeing everyone stare at her as they anticipate to hear what Mrs. Michaels, the Spanish teacher, wanted.

"Since you're my most trusted student, do you mind doing an errand for me while I grade these papers?" She asked. "I'll give you extra credit."

"What? No fair!" Hunter whined. Of course, he out of all people would complain about this, but he didn't have the highest grade in the class, so could he really complain? Obviously not.

"Get back to work, Mr. O'Neil. You need this extra credit big time." Mrs. Michaels ordered, and everyone who watched immediately looked back down at their papers to avoid any embarrassment for themselves.

"Bitch." Hunter cursed under his breath. Skye looked over at him with wide eyes for a moment but shook off the shock to ask what was needed of her.

"Um, what do you need me to do?" She asked.

"Can you drop this off to Mr. Rivera's room? The algebra teacher?" Mrs. Michaels questioned. "He let me borrow his whiteboards so I could use them with the Spanish I kids and I forget to return them."

"Oh, sure." Skye agreed, beginning to stand up and grab her backpack, although a certain someone didn't want her to go.

"Skye, don't leave me." Hunter whisper yelled, reaching to grab her sleeve, but she yanked her arm away from him, which made him pout.

"Let me write a hall pass for you." Mrs. Michaels said, seeing as her least favorite student was being a pest to Skye.

"Sorry, dude. I just gotta get out of here." Skye shrugged, then walked over to Mrs. Michaels' desk to grab the hall pass and what she needed to return.

"Thank you so much." She thanked her, handing over everything needed.

"No problem." Skye grinned, then walked out of the classroom, leaving Hunter behind.

Skye walked through the empty halls, having to go to the complete other side of the school to return these "stupid whiteboards" as she called them in her mind. She couldn't exactly complain as it gave her a reason to not be in that classroom though. But while she walked past all of the classrooms, she saw a familiar face also walking through the halls, a face she didn't mind seeing.