006

Skye opened the front door and walked inside, Levi right behind her. "Dad, I'm home!"

"I'm in the kitchen!" Skye's dad yelled out, and just by hearing his voice, Levi was scared shitless.

"Come on." She said to Levi, tugging on his sleeve a little.

"I don't know, man." He replied anxiously.

"I said come on!" Skye exclaimed, tugging on his sleeve harder. "Geez, you get tackled by beefy dudes as a hobby, stop being scared."

"But that's-" before Levi could even speak another word, Skye grabbed Levi's sleeve and pulled him into the kitchen like she was lugging a lazy dog. Of course, he had no choice but to follow her though, so he pouted as they made their way into the kitchen, even going to great lengths to crouch a little to seem hidden. That plan quickly failed as Skye let go of his sleeve so she could greet her dad, who was busy at the stove.

"Yo!" She exclaimed, patting her dad on the shoulder, and grinning at him. "Whatcha cooking?"

"My famous pork chops for your little boyfriend." Scott, Skye's dad, chuckled. He had been waiting for the day to play those kind of jokes with his daughter, like a universal dad thing, so of course, he was ecstatic to invite Levi over to their home.

"Dad," Skye whined. "He's not my boyfriend. We just have classes together, that's all."

"Fine, your little friend." He said, emphasis on the word friend. "Levi, was it?"

"Hello, uh, yes, that is me. Levi. Mhm. Yup." Levi stumbled, trying so hard to keep his cool, but of course, miserably failing. There really wasn't anything to worry about, but Levi wanted to make a good impression so badly.

"He's nervous." Skye teased, causing Levi to become flustered.

"W-what? Am not!"

"Pack it up, scaredy-cat. We have a lab report to complete." She rolled her eyes, grabbing his hand and dragging him through the kitchen so they could go to the living room and get to work.

"B-but-"

"We'll be in the living room, okay?" Skye yelled out to her dad.

"I'll call for you two when dinners ready!" He yelled back. "Don't do any funny business!"

Skye didn't bother replying with anything, mostly because it was just so embarrassing to have her dad say that to them. Levi didn't take his comment seriously, thinking of it as a bit of banter, and it definitely wasn't the first time he heard that kind of stuff from some girls dad, but Skye wasn't just some girl.

"Don't mind him, he's just, ya know, acting like a classic dad." She sighed.

"Ha, yeah." He laughed a little. "So, lab report?"

"Right. Um," Skye set her backpack on the ground and sat down, followed by Levi doing the same. She pulled out her laptop and opened it up, putting it on both of their laps so they could both see the screen. "I created a shared document and emailed it to you so we can work on the lab report together at the same time."

"Woah, you really got your shit together, huh?" Levi questioned, pretty impressed. There were far too many kids who could barely do a slide on a PowerPoint, but not Skye, no way.