016

October 16th

Dear Future Me,

I have a homecoming date. Yes, I, Skye Amelia Simmons, have a homecoming date. Even though it's just as friends, I have never, EVER been asked to a dance before. This is literally one of the craziest things to ever happen to me, besides almost getting run over by Levi, of course. Speaking of, Future Me, Levi is our date tonight. Crazy, right?

I remember what I've said before about him, but getting to know him as more than just the popular guy has really been something. I still can't explain it, but he's shown to be a really nice guy. I still don't know why he's so nice to me, but I must say it's been quite the breath of fresh air.

Anyway, the dance starts at seven and Levi is coming to my house at six-thirty, so I should probably start getting ready. I can't miss writing what happens tonight after the dance, but I'm confident I'm gonna have a great time. We'll see though.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

Skye stood in front of the mirror with her back turned, trying to zip herself up in her dress and failing to do so. She was able to do it the first time she tried on the dress, but now she couldn't seem to get any grasp on the zipper. Skye then ended up raising the white flag and calling her dad for help, knowing he would burst into her room in a heartbeat.

"Dad!" She yelled out. "A little help, please!"

Just as she predicted, Scott ran into the room worried as he thought something was wrong, but the moment he laid eyes on his daughter he stopped and looked at her in awe. "What's wrong, are you- oh, baby."

"Can you help zip me up?" Skye asked.

"Of course, turn around." He said, and Skye did exactly as he said. Considering her dad was a big guy, his big hands struggled with the tiny zipper at first, but he managed to zip her up, which she thanked him for.

"Thanks."

"You done getting ready?" Scott asked.

"Almost," Skye replied. "I just have to get my purse together and put on my shoes."

"When's the lucky guy coming?" Her dad questioned, attempting to wiggle his eyebrows so he could tease her about the fact that she was going with Levi. He hadn't shut up about it ever since she told him, but it was all out of happiness for her daughter.

"Levi should be here any minute." Skye rolled her eyes. At this point, she couldn't wait for this to be over, but she had a feeling that there would always be another new thing with Levi, so it wouldn't really be over, over.

"You text me if something happens, okay?" He insisted. "I'll pick you up in a heartbeat."

"I will." She nodded. Skye doubted anything bad would happen since she would be with Levi, but it was nice to know her dad had her back.

"Alright, let me go get my camera. You know I have to take pictures." Scott said.

"I know." Skye sighed. "I'll be downstairs in a minute."