026

December 3rd

Just like everyone else in Wintersville, they were all snowed in for at least the night. When Skye woke up bright and early, she was pretty surprised to see how much snow was on the ground. Thankfully, school was called off until Monday after a reported fourteen inches of snow. It was safe to say that everyone was pretty excited to have a four day weekend, especially when it wasn't planned to happen in the first place.

After having stayed up late doing homework with Levi over the phone the night before, Skye groaned as she forced herself out of bed, throwing on a fuzzy jacket to keep her warm before heading downstairs. She looked at her phone real quick, seeing a text from Levi saying to text him back as soon as she saw the message. Unsure why, Skye messaged him back anyway, then she put her phone in her pocket and went downstairs to the sound of pancakes sizzling on the pan. It was just what she needed to get some energy in her after staying up so late and getting little sleep.

As Skye headed into the kitchen, her phone immediately rang, receiving a look from her dad as she went to answer the call, which was from Levi, by the way. "Hello?"

"Hey!" Levi exclaimed. "What are you doing?"

"What do you mean what am I doing?" Skye questioned, pacing from the kitchen into the living room. "I literally just woke up not that long ago."

"Um, I was going to propose that I come over and then spend today's snow day together." He said.

At the mention of the snow day, Skye remembered the little bet they had, one that involved a snowball fight. Now with a sudden burst of motivation, Skye was in. "Give me a half-hour."

"Oh, alright. I'll-" Levi began, but Skye cut him off by hanging up then ran into the kitchen to tell her dad what she would be doing.

"Hey." She said, standing right behind her dad while he flipped pancakes.

"Hm, I wonder what you're going to tell me," Scott said sarcastically.

"Would you kill me if I played in the snow with Levi?" Skye asked, getting ready to put on the puppy dog eyes if she had to convince him to let her go, but seeing as her dad was the ultimate number one fan of his daughter and Levi, there was just no way he could ever say no.

"Shit, maybe you can make him shovel all of that snow for me." He replied. "I'm too old for that shit."

"Dad, don't you remember?" She questioned, reminding him of Levi's injury that never failed to leave Skye's mind. "Levi injured his shoulder, he can't be doing that kind of stuff."

"What about his friends? I bet they don't injure their shoulders like dumbasses." Scott snickered. If only he knew how idiotic Levi and his friends were together.

"He got tackled by like ten guys at once, it wasn't exactly planned, but I'll say something to Levi I guess." Skye shrugged, making a mental note to text Levi about bringing the guys and maybe Nini if she was able to make the trip.

"Well, either way, I'll let you go, but you better eat this food before you head out." He warned, pointing at the pile of finished pancakes that sat on a glass plate.

"Don't worry, I will." She rolled her eyes. "I'm gonna go get out all of my gear, okay?"

"Alright," Scott said, then watched his daughter run out of the kitchen. "Don't forget about these pancakes!"