052

February 15th

Dear Future Me,

Levi Daniels is my boyfriend. Levi Daniels... is my boyfriend. Levi... Daniels... IS MY BOYFRIEND! Quite a way to start an entry, isn't it? Well, last night was quite the rollercoaster. Like, Skyrush at Hershey Park type of rollercoaster. Dare I say it, it may have been the best Valentine's Day ever (if I get married and my husband somehow tops last night, then this didn't age well).

First things first, Nikki and I are friends again, and to be honest, I think the time apart actually made our friendship stronger. I don't see us not being on speaking terms ever again. This friendship is here to stay, and I'm glad to say it is. I never want to fight with her again. At least yucky Victor is out of the picture though. Nikki, if you're reading this one day, you know I'm right.

Anyway, with Nikki being my hype-woman, I almost crashed Levi's date with Megan. At the VERY last second, I decided not to, and thank god I did. Right as I thought everything was hopeless, Levi comes to my house, throwing a fricking rock at my window to get my attention! God, dad was so mad, but he changed his tune when he saw it was Levi. He must be Skyevi's (that's our ship name according to Xavier) number one fan.

I shocked myself by making the first move on Levi, to be honest. I mean, I just thought to myself that it was now or never and just... kissed him. The way he kissed me back though. I just can't get over it. I could definitely get used to his kisses as long as we're together.

It's crazy to see myself with Levi six months after meeting him, but I am so in love with him, and he's completely head over heels for me. Who would've thought somebody could be head over heels for me? Senior year has definitely been full of surprises, and we're only just getting past the halfway point.

I guess you could say this is the start of something new, Future Me (High School Musical reference intended). The future is sure looking bright for Skye Simmons.

Sincerely,

Past Me.

•••

Even though Skye barely got any sleep last night from the excitement that occurred, she was wide awake and energetic when she heard her alarm go off. She didn't waste any time either, jumping out of bed and throwing her blanket without caring where it landed in one swift movement. She was practically like a little kid in the midst of a sugar high, but in her case, Skye was running on the smallest amount of sleep.

Unlike her usual mornings, Skye went through every step of her morning routine with more eagerness, almost as if she couldn't wait to get out of the house. Skye Simmons, excited to go to school? The universe has truly seen it all. She would have Levi to thank for her newfound energy, that's for sure. Oh, and the coffee she had with the breakfast made by her father too. He definitely noticed how happy his daughter was, and it brought a smile to his face like no other.

"Bye, dad! I'll see you later! Love you!" Skye yelled out on her way out the door, leaving her dirty dishes on the dining room table as she couldn't wait to get on with her day.

"Bye!" Scott yelled back. After hearing the door shut, he walked over and looked out the window, still smiling from before as he watched Skye excitedly get on her bike and ride off to school. "They grow up so fast."

Skye took a different route to school on this particular morning, instead of going in the direction towards Nikki's house instead of avoiding it completely like before. There was no reason to avoid her anymore, and Skye hoped she could catch Nikki on the way to school, which she thankfully did.