002

Skye's first class of the day was chemistry, specifically AP chemistry. The girl wasn't sure how she manages to ace her classes, but it wasn't like she was exactly complaining about it. As much as she wished she had the easy route and didn't have to spend hours doing homework, one day it would pay off for her, she just knew it.

Upon entering her classroom, the projector showed a seating chart, something every student ever dreaded. Sometimes it can work in her favor, sometimes it doesn't, in this case, it didn't work out in Skye's favor whatsoever. Actually, the seating chart worked out in nobody's favor. It was apparent this teacher knew who was and wasn't popular, which may be slightly offensive, but that's the public school system for you.

The reason why this wasn't working out for Skye though was because she would have to sit next to Levi Daniels. Now, who is this Levi Daniels that Skye really doesn't want to sit with? Well, he's basically every cliché high school boy aspect all rolled into one. Popular, captain of the football team, loved by girls alike (well, except Skye), and most notably perfect in every way possible without having to try one bit. If the guy came into school in pajamas, which he has before, all the girls would still swoon over him.

After looking over to see Levi in his seat already, Skye walked over and slowly sat down, feeling all the tension in the room surround her. It was just so awkward, but she had to get through this, no, she must get through this. Sitting next to him meant that they would be lab partners for the year, that is unless the teacher decides to change the seating chart at any given point, but that was a rarity.

Levi attempted to greet her, seeing as he thought she was cute and seemed nice, but Skye meant business. She wasn't gonna fail this class over a shitty lab partner. From past experiences, Skye automatically assumed that she was going to end up doing all of the work, but she wasn't messing around this year at all. "Hi-"

"If you think that I'm going to do all of the work you are very mistaken." She interrupts him, turning to face him once she finished speaking, but the moment her eyes met his, she tensed up. For once she was standing up to these kinds of things, but maybe she was the one who was actually mistaken.

Of course, Levi was taken aback by her words, mainly because that's not how he imagined meeting his lab partner for the year. He wasn't sure what she thought of him, but it was pretty apparent that she was stereotyping him. "This is AP chemistry..."

"Well, yeah, but I'm so used to being surrounded by idiots so this wouldn't be anything new." She said, clinging on to seem confident, but she was miserably failing.

"Are you for real?" He questioned, actually baffled that this conversation was happening the way it was.

"I think so?" Skye shrugged. Yeah, now her sudden burst of confidence was completely gone. Was she intimidated by this guy? She refused to be, but clearly, he wasn't messing around either.

"Who even are you?" Levi asked. Obviously, Levi had no idea who Skye was, how could he? They were on two different social standings, and he surrounded himself with the same people ever since cliques were established. Usually, he'd end up with one of his buddies or some quiet dude, but never did he end up being seated next to someone like her.

"Skye like the, ya know, sky." She replied.

"Well, Skye like the sky, I'm-"

"I know who you are." Skye interrupted him. There it was, back like it never left. Sass was kind of like her crutch, even though it was one of the main reasons why she didn't have many friends. Only Nikki really understood.