047

February 8th

Skye stuck to her vow of not speaking about the dance and her feelings for Levi. It had been a week since she told herself that, and today would prove that vow was completely worthless. Yes, completely, utterly, and absolutely worthless. Like she wrote to her future self last week, she tended to make stupid decisions, and this was no different.

The time came where Skye branded herself as an idiot came at lunchtime as she sat across Levi like usual, eating the last bits of her food. Levi was notably quiet today, and she had caught onto that quickly. Skye didn't have a clue why he was so quiet, but she was going to get to the bottom of it before the end of the school day.

"Hey, why have you been so quiet today? Did something happen that I don't know about?" She asked, setting down her drink and resting her elbow on the table.

"Actually, yeah." Levi finally spoke, much to Skye's surprise. She had expected a no, but hearing "yeah" was getting them somewhere.

"Well, are you gonna speak more than two words and tell me?" Skye questioned with a little bit of sass. "You can tell me anything, you know."

Of course, he could tell her everything, but this certain thing was major. No, it wasn't him confessing his feelings. He too held back, fearing the same things Skye feared. But what Levi was about to say could make or break everything anyway, and he figured he might as well blurt it out already.

"Megan called me over the weekend."

Skye's eyes widened the moment Megan's name came out of Levi's mouth. Yes, in a late-night phone call, Megan called her ex and he actually answered. Levi hadn't thought of her in so long that he forgot she was even in his contacts, but when he saw that she liked his Instagram post from Friday night, he immediately got nervous anticipating her next move. That phone call was her next move, and now it was Levi's turn to make his.

"She did?"

"Yeah, last night, actually." He said.

Skye noticed how he wasn't very smiley about this. Most people would be excited to hear from their ex, especially in a case where they missed them too, but it didn't seem like Levi missed Megan anymore, and Skye couldn't quite make things add up. "Oh, that's... cool? I can't tell if this is a good thing or a bad thing."

"No, it's a good thing, well, I think," Levi replied. "But um, she saw pictures from the dance then called saying she missed me and asked if I wanted to meet up with her at Sadie's Diner on Sunday."

Oh no. "That's Valentine's Day."

"I know."

Valentine's Day out of all days. Way to go, Megan. Clearly, her intentions seemed to be a romantic one, at least in Skye's eyes. No ex will ever hit you up asking to go out on Valentine's Day if they didn't want to get back together, so Skye knew that she completely lost. Not only did she lose, but she lost to the most perfect girl in the world.

"Well, that's great." Skye lied in a bold move. God, she was such a horrible liar, but Levi didn't suspect a thing. "You said how much you missed her awhile back."

"Yeah..." Levi wanted this to be a good thing, but for some reason, it wasn't. Once upon a time, he had missed his ex-girlfriend for months, but once his friendship with Skye progressed and his feelings grew by the minute, he missed the girl that once had his heart less and less. He couldn't even give her a definite answer as Skye was the first thing on his mind upon being asked the question, so Levi left it at a maybe and thought to talk to Skye about it the moment he could, hoping she'd give him a reason to stop him.