048

February 14th

Throughout the week, Skye ultimately dreaded Valentine's Day. Seeing Levi's face at school and having to pretend everything was okay was the hardest thing to do, but once Sunday rolled around, it truly felt like a game over. Having the weekend by herself was a bit of a good thing to Skye, but that would soon be ruined upon a phone call from Levi.

She lets out a sigh as she pulled out her phone, receiving a look from her dad as he was curious who was calling her. Skye shooed him and told him to leave so she could answer the call, and Scott saw that as "Levi's calling", so he quickly got up and ran out of the living room. He would eavesdrop, but he knew his daughter would yell at him for it.

"Hello?"

"Skye! Oh, thank god you answered." Levi exclaimed. He seemed very out of breath and frantic when Skye answered, so she was pretty confused as to what's going on.

"Um, what's up?" She questioned.

"I don't know if this is too much to ask, but can you come over to my house and help me pick out an outfit?" He asked.

Pick out an outfit? Skye couldn't tell if this was an excuse to see her or a genuine cry for help, but she figured she could see him before his "date". Plus, Skye could pick an ugly outfit for him on purpose and see what happens, but she wouldn't do that. "Uh, I guess? When do you need me?"

"Now." The way Levi said it seemed almost demanding and desperate, and considering the time, Skye should get on her way quickly.

"Oh, okay. I'll be on my way then." She said, immediately interrupted without Levi repeating his thanks for her.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you, I-"

"Bye, Levi." Skye cut him off, hanging up on him as well so she could get going. Before she did get up, Skye let out a groan, grabbing a nearby pillow and repeatedly hitting herself in the face before allowing her dad back in the living room. "You can come back now!"

After hearing Skye's yell, Scott ran down the stairs, through the kitchen, and to the living room, practically throwing his body onto his designated chair so he could hear the details of the call thinking it would be positive. "Tell me everything-"

"What's that look on your face for?" When Skye looked at her father, he saw a wave of sadness in her eyes, sadness he didn't see this past week until now. Scott didn't have a clue about the current situation for Skye and Levi, so this was all news to him. Skye wouldn't utter a word about it though no matter how much Scott asked what was wrong. She really didn't need him to threaten to beat up a minor again.

"Nothing, dad. I'm just tired." She lied, having to constantly do so lately, but her dad saw right through it. Levi may be oblivious to when Skye would lie, but Scott could always see when his daughter fibbed. She got her poor lying skills from her mother, that's for sure.

"Tired? Yeah, right."

"Dad." Skye eyed him. She should have known that Scott would want to know everything. Just like she couldn't hide about losing Nikki, Skye couldn't lie forever about the possibility of losing Levi too.

"Pumpkin, did he hurt you?"

"No." She wasn't wrong. Levi wasn't the one to hurt her. Looking back at what happening at homecoming, Levi didn't hurt her either. Skye purposefully let herself get hurt, and that became very clear when she told Levi to go on a date with Megan. She felt undeserving of him back then and she feels undeserving of him now. Skye didn't even want to get started on how Levi was way out of her league though.