051

"Levi?" Skye couldn't believe it was him, but Levi was in fact standing in front of them. She couldn't possibly think why he was here now, especially here in front of her, but all those questions would be answered soon enough.

Scott shrugged his shoulder off of Skye's grip as she tried clinging to him, eyeing Levi before turning to walk back inside the house. Skye questioned him as he walked away, reaching out for him to not leave her alone with Levi. "Dad-"

He didn't say a word, stepping inside and shutting the door behind him, leaving his daughter confused. Before Skye came outside, Levi said he just wanted to talk to Skye. Sure, Scott was mad over how his window could have broke, but since it didn't and Levi's intentions were related to Skye, he let it go as calmly as possible. It was safe to say that Levi was a very lucky man right now.

It became awfully quiet once Scott left them, almost unbearable. Skye took a chance and broke the silence, questioning Levi and his motives as to why he was here right now. "Levi, why are you here?"

"I'm here for you." He replied without hesitation. Skye reacted by quietly saying "oh" to herself, holding her notebook close to her chest, sort of pretending that it was like a shield, having built up her walls the moment she allowed Levi to slip through her fingers. "Can... can we talk?"

Skye immediately knew in her head that she wanted to talk. She had so many questions, but most importantly she had a chance to say the things she didn't say before because she was too afraid to do so. This was her second chance, and Skye knew she had to take it this time. No regrets.

"Yes."

The two sat down on the front steps, Skye tensing up as they sat close next to each other, still not ready to let her guard down. She was prepared to get her heart broken again, so she got the one big question out of the way before the conversation could go any further. "What happened with your date?"

"Megan told me to go." Levi's response took Skye by surprise, causing her to gasp as her eyes widened. She didn't know whether to be happy, angry, or confused about this, but Skye was feeling all three of these emotions all at once. After all of the drama, Skye had to know what could have possibly happened before his unexpected arrival.

"What did you do?!" She asked in an angry tone. Yeah, the anger began to take over a little. It felt as if this was all for nothing, like this entire night and her heartbreak could have been avoided, but Skye wouldn't be angry anymore once she learned the truth.

"Nothing, nothing. I just..." Levi paused. "I couldn't stop talking about you."

Oh.

Skye almost couldn't believe him, but was Levi ever known to lie? Sure, he may be hiding feelings that she was completely clueless about, but Levi wasn't a liar. She almost felt bad that the date went wrong as it seemed like it was her fault, but in reality, there was nothing to be sorry about. "Oh, um, I'm sorry."

"She doesn't want to get back together, Skye, and I feel the same way. We both wanted closure and we got it." He assured her. There were still some things that Levi was hiding about the whole date, but she didn't need to know the entire truth, or did she?

"Oh, uh, that's unfortunate." She said, part of it being a lie as a little bit of her was somewhat glad Levi was here with her right now. "That she didn't want to get together, I mean."