Chapter Thirty Five

35 – Andrea and Selena

'I acted like it wasn''t a big deal, when really it was breaking my heart.'
– Anon.

~*~

The first time Selena Gomez made her way into our life, I didn't put so much thought about it. I just brushed it off knowing there really wasn't a great difference from Justin's used to be girls and her. All I ever thought was that he was in his era of rebelling. He was just mad that not a single person could tame that heart of his.

I was so damn wrong.

Selena had this massive impact that I should've stopped even before it began. I should've never agreed from the start. Because now here we all are, trapped in this deep hole we're digging ourselves from.

As soon as I made my way into the living room, my sight immediately fixated to the brunette girl who was sitting across the couch while looking at a small frame beside the table --- the picture Justin and I took when we went to the carnival. A moment of spare happiness.

I cleared my throat which caused her to turn around and face me. She seemed a little bit caught off guard at first but that was soon gone as she clenched her teeth and composed herself.

"Nice picture." Selena stated sourly.

My lips formed into a thin line. "Thanks."

"Nice house too." The sarcasm in her tone was still evident.

"Well Justin and I deserves the best." I shot back. I watched as her hands formed into tight fists.

"What do you want from me?" She countered. "I have so many things to do. I don't have all the time in the world."

I trekked my way towards her as I took a seat on the couch next to her. "About our deal. I thought I told you to give me four months. I still have few weeks."

She scoffed. "You can't honestly expect me to just sit around and watch." That's what I did! I wanted to shout at her but I remained my composure. I can't expect her to be that generous.

"Actually that's what I want---"

"I'm not going to sit around anymore and let you or your bastard of a father ruin my life! You don't get to order me around!"

"Don't you dare call my dad like that!" I warned her.

"Why not?! If it wasn't for him Justin would've still be mine! He would've still be so damn madly in love with me!"

"It was your fvcking choice!" I couldn't help it anymore. I know this talk isn't going to be easy. "At the end of the day, you let your coward self ruled you! If you did love him so much then you shouldn't let my dad or anyone tell ---"

"You think it was that easy?! Every night! Every fvcking night! God knows how much I... regret that... decision." She broke into sobs. I exhaled sharply as I looked away. "You don't know how much h-hurt---"

"Hurt? I don't know hurt?" I gave her a mock laugh as tears were threatening to fall from my eyes. "You Selena. You don't know how much hurt I was! I am his wife! For fvck's sake we're married!" She was crying but didn't dare to disrupt my ramblings. "Do you know how worthless I felt when he would ditch me just because of you? Do you know how much pain it was when he would smile at you like you were the best damn thing that has ever happened to him? Do you know how hurt I was when he brought you as his date and not me?! His wife!? I should be the one wrapped around his arms, shouldn't I?! I should be his...other half right?" I pursed my lips, preventing it from quivering when tears spilled from my eyes. "You don't know how much I told myself... to hold on, to be strong, when all I ever want is to let go because I deserve the love I ought to have Selena."