Chapter Fifty

50 - Surprise

'It's okay. It's okay to want someone you can't have. It's okay to want something more. It's okay to cry when you're hurt, and it's okay to stay mad at someone who hurt you. Believe it or not, it's always going to be okay. That's just how it works. Sometimes, things don't work out how you want them to, and most of the time, it seems like they never will. But eventually, everything is going to iron out some way or another. You just have to believe, keep your faith and move on.'
- Anon

~*~

I really can't remember when was the last time Justin and I's house was this... rowdy. Living with only just the two of us together with Nana and Ronaldo, the noise seemed to perish amongst us. Also, the once used to be relationship between Justin and I chased the sounds away. We really didn't have much of a conversation way back. But then, it never really crossed my mind how lively the house would get as soon as almost everyone started to help plan out the wedding. The house was suddenly vibrant and cheerful.

"How many will be the guests again?" Scarlet asked while sitting down at the marble floor, her notes on the table as she tapped her pen, waiting for an answer.

"Maybe 50 or less of it. We want the wedding to be as intimate and small as it is." I replied.

"Right. Right." She jotted down on her notes.

"Ugh." Aruella grunted, flipping the pages of the different designs of dresses from various designers across the globe. As soon as she got here, she had that gripping into her hands the moment she walked in. "How come everything is beautiful? I mean, it frustrates me that I want each and everyone of these."

I chuckled at her. It was an honest opinion though. Since, I, myself, too, did have a hard time picking among the dresses awhile ago. She just resumed grazing her eyes, adoring the intricate gowns she came across with.

"I didn't know planning a wedding was this hard." Aruella mumbled quietly.

"Much more the wedding is only two days away but who cares, right Andi?" Scarlet said, looking at me with expectant eyes. I laughed.

"Yeah. Well. Surprise. Surprise."

"Really Andrea." Scarlet shook her head at my reply and proceeded to list down all the things that still needed to be done. "The design for the invites are already being printed as we speak. I can get everything this afternoon and send it to the guests too." She smiled, clearly satisfied upon her work. "Its a good thing I already planned your wedding way ahead. This one's a brush off a shoulder."

"The food and cake are okay too as well." Aruella muttered as she read a text on her phone. "The boys are on their way to the airport. They're picking up Ryan and Chaz."

Justin, Jacques and Stephen were the ones assigned for the food critique and all.  Well, I trust them. I mean, their love for food must be something exquisite both for themselves and everyone invited. They were at Scooter's house though, just so that the media wouldn't question anything and send everything into spiral mode.

"Your dad settled down the venue." Scarlet informed. "I already sent him the design you wanted. But I needed to check it still after I'll get the invites. The priest is also okay too."

"I'll help you later." Aruella stated towards Scarlet.

"Okay." She took her phone and scrolled the screen. "Chaz and Ryan's family will be here tomorrow afternoon."

"Justin's family side too." Aruella continued. "Scarlet do you think this one is too heavy or big?" She asked as she showed one of the designs.

Smiling, I watched the two of them in silence. They didn't want me to be stressed and pressured for my own wedding that they handled everything, well with the help of everyone of course. And also, they didn't forget my opinions about it as well. I couldn't be more thankful and blessed to have them in my life.