Chapter Thirty Four

34 – Female Dogs Everywhere

'Of course life is a bitch. If it was a slut, it would be easy.'
– Anon.

~*~

It seems as if it had been ages ago since I stepped foot inside my school but in reality it was only a few couple of days that passed by. The current events that unfolded recently is taking a toll on me. Again. Why can't life just give me a break?

With a sigh, I journeyed my way towards my locker.

Every morning feels like a scripted play of pretend. Justin was trying to be 'normal', but the tight lipped smiles, tired eyes, and in between sighs could not fool me. I could see right through him. There are so much things to say yet no one has enough courage to go pass it. The tension was too hard to ignore but we, as much as we can, did not acknowledge it. We couldn't. We both knew it would break one of us, one way or another.

"I heard you had an attack." Somehow, I'd already gotten used to Jacques's voice that I knew he was the one behind my locker door. Grabbing my Calculus book, I closed the metal access with a sound.

"Good morning to you too Jacques. You never really know how to greet someone like a normal person should be." I said without making any eye contact as I started to walk my way towards the hallway of the school --- chatter of noises echoed throughout the walkway like every other Monday morning. Jacques immediately caught up beside me.

"Andi. You're making me worry."

I rolled my eyes. "Which you shouldn't because you don't need to."

"Andi." I felt Jacques hand tugged my elbow softly, making us both stop.

I sighed. "Jacques."

"I heard the attack wasn't something we should just brush off."

"I'm fine."  I stated.

"Please Andi. I want to help. Don't hide anything from me."

I pursed my lips and heaved a sigh once again. "Jacques, really. I'm fine now. See?" I gestured towards myself and pushed a small, brief smile.

"Then why do you look like you're far from okay awhile ago?" He demanded, not letting the subject go as easy as I thought it would be.

"It's...it's just Justin."

"What did he do?" He asked with anger.  I rolled my eyes as I jokingly slapped his arm.

"Stop it. He didn't do anything wrong. Well... I mean, he sorta didn't have a choice over it."

He raised a brow, scrutinizing me. "What is it?"

"Selena's back." I whispered, shifting my line of sight. I forced a smile. "She wants to get back with Justin."

"Andi."

"I'm going to talk to her after class---"

"What?! Are you crazy? You're fragile right now. Having a fight---" I cut him off.

"I'm not going to have a fight with her Jacques." I countered, giving emphasis to the word. "I'm just going to talk to her. And I am not fragile right now." I insisted. "I can defend myself if I needed to."

"Andrea."

"She's sick Jacques."

"I know. Selena's a one twisted sick---"

"I didn't mean it like that you meanie. I mean she's sick, like a disease."

"Oh." He stopped as his eyes rooted to my whole being, trying to figure me out. "Did she tell Justin she's sick?"