Epilogue (Justin)

W.O.W: "You know that place between sleep & awake; that place where you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you. That's where I'll be waiting." - Peter Pan

Song for this chap: Lost Boy by Ruth B (Better listen to this while reading the chap ☺️) I'm serious. :) just listen to the song as you read :3

Are you ready? ☺️  NOT EDITED, VER., 2015

~*~

Justin's POV

Can people still remember the first time they were so happy? You know, the ear to ear grin no care in the world happy? When only the simplest thing could give you the enjoyment? The contentment? The satisfaction?

I remember mine. It was when I first held my first drum set. Or when I had my first pet. Or when I met my friends. Or when I gave my handkerchief towards a certain stubborn girl.

Can people still remember the first time they were sad, or hurt, or in pain?

Little kids running around and would trip into the hard cement, scratching their skin into the rough ground. Kids will cry at their wounds. I didn't.

But when my music was taken away from me, I cried. When my hamster died, I was devastated. When my friends and I fought, I was depressed. And when... when...

Huh.

Can people remember the first time they were so happy yet sad at the same time? Can people reminisce a happy memory yet feel sad at the same time? Can... Can a moment will be just a memory? Only just a memory?

People wakes up in the morning, takes a bath, eats breakfast, goes to work or school, chats with friends, shops in a mall, crams for examinations, puts their time surfing the net, goes to sleep... a cycle, each has a cycle, managing their lives every single day.

People are so caught up in their cycles that they don't notice those group of trees, those trees who witnessed and protected their innocent smiles and laughter as they play around with their friends under the shade of the sun, are now replaced by concrete buildings - buildings who can't protect them when a flood or an earthquake comes; they don't notice their beloved mom or dad, who would always seem to oppose in what they wanted to do with their lives, are now growing older as they are too but a call or a simple talk like hey mom/dad, how are you seems to always be stuck in their throats; or how about that little brother or sister, who always get right under their skin, just wanting to be with them or talk but hey, examinations or my friends and I are hanging out seemed to be the better idea.

I would be a hyprocrite if I'd say I wasn't used to be one.

Funny. That's the funny thing. About being a human. Mistakes after mistakes. And pride and anger and hatred. Now what its going to teach you?

A moment is just a passing moment because you didn't grab the chance when you had one. You let it slipped by. Because of idiocity. Pride. Ego. Hatred. Selfishness.

You think you're trying to protect your heart from hurting? You're not. You're just trying to hinder yourself from being happy.

I would know. I would definitely know.

Because it's true, what they say, if you love someone, tell them. Show them. Know why? Because when they're gone, when they are taken away from you, at least they'd know. At least you had the chance to tell them.