Chapter Twenty Six (Jacques)

26 – Jacques Adam Wagner POV

'He always knew it was her. But she was too interested into the other guys to notice. Because she loved the bad ones. You know them, the ones who leave your heart broken.'
– Anon.

~*~

Jacques' POV {A.N. Hey there Team Jacques ;)}

Years.

Yes. It's been years since I've fallen in love with Andrea. I can still remember the first time I saw her — her perfect set of pearly white teeth smiling crookedly as her eyes sparkled admiration to a sight she was gazing over. She seemed happy and beautiful that I had to look at her. She was just... glowing.

No other girls could catch my attention the way she had caught mine. I never liked hanging around with girls back then. All I thought was that, they're these pretentious people who hated boys. But Andrea changed that. She changed the game.

Her smile brightened more. Curiosity filled me as to why was she smiling so stunningly that I followed her gaze. A jolt of an ugly feeling surged through me. I was never the jealous one. I was never the one to get angry especially towards family. But that day, I can't help but to resent the difference between Justin and I.

Why was she looking at him?

A few days after that day, I finally had my answer.

I was still a little kid back then but I felt my heart broken by the sudden truth. And that's where these ugly thoughts rendered into my mind.

Why was it always Justin?

What's so good about Justin?

Why Justin?

Why can't it be me?

Why can't it be Jacques?

Years passed by, and I did everything to make Andi looked my way. It was frustrating. In the end, it's always Justin. No matter what he did, it's always him.

The excruciating pain when I found out they were about to marry one another was something I did not expect when I fell hard with Andi. I did not know how to describe it, but it was something even physical pain could not attend to. It was too painful that almost every day of my life; I can't help but to cry my tears out.

I did not care.

Men can also cry.

Real men cry.

Crying doesn't make you weak, it just shows how human you are. It displays how much you love that person. It shows how strong your feelings are that you do not give honest fucks about what people thinks of you. You cry because it hurts. You cry because you care. You cry because you love.

Reality would often hit me, knowing every pain was bearable if Andi would not feel the same agonizing feeling. It just bounces back a thousand more painful whenever I see her sad sometimes. I'd do anything in a heartbeat for that to go, I thought. But I know who can only shoo the sadness away. And the cruel reality was that, it was an asshole kind of a person... the worst part, it was in the form of my cousin.

I shook my head.

Why can't girls fall to the good guys instead of the bad ones?

I sighed as I glanced at Andi who was now surrounded by little kids.

Great. Knowing she's involved in an orphanage makes me love her even more. Tsk. I'm fucking doomed for life.

I bit my bottom lip as I watched her laughed joyously. Going here with Anthony, Andi's dad, was something between awkward and unanticipated from. We didn't talk throughout the entire car ride but I think it was a compromise silence.