Chapter Eighteen

18 – Justin and Me

~*~
'I walked away cause you were too busy finding faults in me, while I was too busy overlooking yours.'
-anon
~*~

It was Aruella's 10th birthday party, the day everything started. I recently just turned nine. Honestly, I couldn't care less. We just don't get along with one another. I'd rather stuck myself inside my room and bored myself to death just so I didn't have to attend her party. I would've endured it if Stephen and Scarlet attended but Aruella wouldn't invite them over. I bet a million bucks I was only asked because I was her cousin, and she knew she didn't have a choice over it.

I was sitting outside their backyard --- literally on the ground --- while I had a paper, a pen and my mom's picture with me. I was trying to draw her out of boredom and most, because I missed her — I wasn't well acquainted with Aruella's choice of friends after all. It would've been fun if mom was still around.

I sighed as I glanced at her picture. Her shiny brown hair that matched her bushy yet well groomed eyebrows looked pretty with her deep set eyes. Her smile friendly and welcoming and warm.

"I miss you mommy." I whispered as I started to sketch her, hoping that the wind would carry my words to where she was.

Almost finishing a few touches with my drawing when suddenly, someone spilled wet stuff over it. I briskly looked up to see Aruella's wicked green eyes staring at me, her hand grasping on what now an empty cup of lemonade.

"Ooops." She tried to sound sincere, which just ticked me off more. "I'm sorry cousin. I didn't mean to. It just slipped." Her two minions snickering behind her. I stood up from the ground.

"What is your problem?" I demanded.

"You." She stated, her sneer never wavering a bit. "I just don't get why you are here when no one likes you around."

"I wouldn't come here if my dad didn't force me to!" I replied as both my hands formed into tight fists.

"Really? And what's that trash? Drawing your orphan mommy again?" I gritted my teeth.

"That's it!" I pushed her off the ground which she landed on the muddy area. Her pink fluffy gown stained with dirt. She yelled at the top of her lungs that I closed my ears with both of my palms.

"Shut up!" I told her, though she started crying uncontrollably. This drama queen! "Shut up Aruella! You're making my ears bleed!" She just raised her pitch more.

"What is happening?!" I heard Aunt Tina's --- Aruella's mom --- menacing tone echoed. "Aruella?!" She gasped as soon as she saw her daughter.

"It's Andi mom! She pushed me! I didn't do anything but she pushed me! She said she didn't want to go into this boring party because she thought everyone here is ugly!" My eyes widened at her accusation.

"That's not---" I tried but Aunt Tina cut me off. She descended towards my way as she grabbed my shoulder with force. I hissed out of pain.

"You...you insolent brat!"

"I didn't do ----"

"You think so highly of yourself just because of your dad huh?"

"No! I---" She tightened her grip. "Ouch! Stop it Auntie!"

"You're just like your mom! We don't need anyone like you." She pushed me, that I tripped my feet backwards and fell onto the ground with a thud. I clenched my teeth to prevent myself from crying. I watched as she helped her own daughter and escorted her away but not before she turned her back at me and said, "If I ever hear this from your father..." She threatened right as she gave me a warning.