Chapter Twenty Seven (Justin)

27- I wish upon a star

'I figure life's a gift and I don't intend on wasting it. You don't know what hand you're gonna get dealt next. You learn to take life as it comes at you... to make each day count.' - Jack Dawson, Titanic

~*~

The party slowed down a bit as the music and soft buzzing of voices echoed around the place; visitors and other benefactors started to depart from the party little by little. I was sitting at a nearby bench together with Elise as I watched Andi and Anthony exchanged conversation with the sisters.

Awhile ago, she told me she was going to address her father about what we talked about — I was on tenterhooks. But I also can't help not to feel as if I was on cloud nine.

Will Andi finally go home with me?

It just... fucking felt surreal.

What happened few days — even few hours — ago seemed forever.

"Did you enjoy the party Elise?" I shifted my attention towards Elise who was sitting on my lap — I needed the diversion, otherwise, the jitters won't go away. She nodded, clapping her hands joyously with a wide smile plastered across her face.

"I did! This is the best day of my life!" She squealed.

One of mine too.

I pinched her nose. She giggled in return. "You'll have more best days to come. I promise."

"I will?"

"Yes, together with your Mommy Andi and I." I claimed.

She touched my face — like she always did — before her small hands found its way into my neck and clasped her hands around. A soft laugh escaped my lips.

"I love you and Mommy Andi so much. I wish you two were my real parents." Her sweet, enthusiastic tone made its way to my heart that the thought of becoming her father painted into my mind again. A wave of emotion at having my own family overwhelmed me.

As if it was a reflex, I unconsciously, glanced over at Andi who was smiling genuinely to whatever Sister Anna said.

I want to have my own family.

I thought.

It wouldn't be that bad, right?

I know I am still young, with a career on top of that. While the media likes to find faults just so they can have headlines that eventually boils down on having money, I am fully aware I live in a world where scrutiny and people waiting for my downfall are the top priority. But... I'm married... and, it's normal... to think... about building one, right?

Ah fuck. I fucking know what are the consequences.

But Elise...

"I...I mean..." Elise started with a stutter as she pulled away. "I... I'm sorry Daddy Bunny. It was...I was..." She looked away, embarrassed; her lips pursed, shying away from her sudden statement.

I smiled softly at her. "It's okay sweetheart, you're already part of the family. Sooner or later, you'll be legally ours."

There. Remember what you fucking promised Justin. Grow a dick and make it happen.

Her eyes widened in surprise as her mouth formed into a cute little 'O'. I pinched her chubby cheeks. She's just downright adorable I can't help it. "I...I'm going to be..." She trailed off.