Chapter Twelve

12 – This Is Me Not Standing In Your Way

~*~
'Who were you before they broke your heart? - Anon
~*~

"You're going to be fine Miss Andrea?"

Ronaldo's voice brought me out of reverie as I glued my eyes outside the window of the car.

Not far from the basement's parking area, a huge crowd frolicked around the arena; excited squeals and jubilant smiles present on each person's faces. They're probably crossing out one of their bucket lists --- attend Justin Bieber's concert or anyone's concert for that matter.

"I'll call you if there's a need to escape." I replied humorously, shifting my line of vision to his. I saw him cracked a small smile.

"Best of luck Miss."

"Thanks Ronaldo." I stated before I got out of the vehicle and closed the door.

As I turn around, I saw Kenny with a grin painted across his face. His warm brown eyes greeted me like a family he hadn't seen for too long. He was in a plaid polo and denim pants.

"How's my favorite girl doing?" He stated, giving me a brotherly hug that a laugh emitted from my lips.

"Good. Some days are better than others." I replied. We both pulled away from the embrace as he escorted me inside the venue.

"Let's go."

Kenny Hamilton had been Justin's bodyguard when he was just starting in his career. And for most parts, we tell trusted people who are involved in our daily lives the true ordeal between Justin and I. Kenny being one of the people who Justin relied on, knows the truth. He's part of the upper management in Justin's team now.

A lot of people got curious as to who I was when we entered backstage. I could feel sets of eyes strained my direction. I don't have anything against the nosiness because truth be told, the strength to pacify people at the moment is languid to my spirit. I have more important problems than to make people's thoughts about me be my business.

I wouldn't have gone today anyway. If it wasn't for Pattie giving me the pass and organizing the whole agenda. She had seen through the silence shared between Justin and I. I wasn't trying to hide anything anymore. Ever since that day Justin and I had this whole argument, I made sure if back then we only see each other occasionally around the house, now, we just know if the other party's going in and out without the need to face one another. With the help of Nana and Ronaldo that is. So its been a week and half since I last saw Justin.

Pattie thinks we're having this adjustment period because it only hits us now that we're having a baby. If only she knew.

"I'll wait here." I said, gesturing towards a nearby seat just a few meters away from Justin's dressing room. I heard he was outside, on the stage, doing his rehearsals before the show.

"I'll call him."

I almost scoffed. "No. It's okay Kenny. He's busy. He needs to prepare."

His focus darted towards my face, reaching my eyes, trying to find the right words to say. If he knew the marriage then without a doubt, he knew where Selena lies in between the relationship.