Chapter Two

2 - The Other Person

~*~
'Have you ever loved someone so much that you settled for being friends just to keep them in your life? - Anon
~*~

When is the right time to marry someone? Is it when both of you have stable jobs, knowing you can finally build a family and provide for your future endeavors as husband and wife? Is it when you love each other too much that you can't live without seeing them? Is it having someone to go home to - and - with at the end of a cruel, tiresome day?

Huh.

I skipped everything.

"Give me my phone Scarlet!" He shouted, bringing me out of my deep thoughts.

"Tell Veronica ,'No' first!" She shouted back.

"WHY?!" He burst.

"BECAUSE!" She burst.

"Because what?!"

"I'll text you later Ronaldo." I stated, squinting my eyes as I saw two teenagers, making a scene while sharing the same brain of a five year old.

"Good luck with those two Miss Andi."

Smiling at Ronaldo's familiarity with my friends, I nodded and closed the car door gently. I then faced the kids who are now standing at least a meter away from one another while folding their arms across their chests.

"So..." I began.

"SHE STARTED IT!" "HE STARTED IT!" Both of them synchronized that I sigh. It's like they're competing on who is the worst kid possible.

"Scar, give Stephen his phone." I said. Her ocean – like eyes widened, caught off guard that I was actually siding with Stephen. She shifted her gaze towards the jet black haired guy who was now grinning like he just won the lottery. Rolling my eyes at Stephen's idiocity, I continued. "Until, he decided to tell Veronica to back off."

"WHAT?!" Stephen boomed, looking this time, as the one who's taken aback. Scarlet's eyes now swimming with joy and victory.

Kids I tell ya.

"Ha!" She shrieked as she flipped her blonde locks.

I wasn't picking any sides, it's just that I've witnessed Veronica's true colors in front seat. I wouldn't say that so simply though if I hadn't seen her with different guys all the time and no, they weren't just talking.

"Bu..bu..but..."

"No." I said as I made my way inside the building's perimeter. Their steps following me closely behind until they finally reached both of my sides.

"But Andi..." He whined.

"No."

"I like her!" He reasoned, as if it was more than enough to justify all his actions.

From my peripheral vision, I saw Scarlet's shoulders slumped. It's not exactly a fun ride to be close with someone you like. It's painful. Because there's always the distance... the line, one that separates her and him --- the friendship.