Chapter Five

5 - Just Another Weekend Drama

~*~
'I care about you a lot more than our circumstances allow me to.' - Anon
~*~

It's ridiculous.

Utterly and inexplicably ridicilous.

Keeping a permanent glare whenever Jacques was in sight, I could almost feel as if I aged a decade. It had been three days since he arrived but he already made sure whose life he's going to impede.

He would steal a glance every once in a while, keeping his distance off (good for him and his instinct on knowing how to prolong his life). If only he could wipe the smirk that comes along with those stares.

I never liked crowded places. More, when there's social interaction to be done. Its the reason why people see me as 'aloof' or 'hostile', which never really bothered me. Only those with true intentions will be brave enough to dig through the surface perceptions after all.

I could be civil to acquaintances; I know how to give respect and formalities. So crossing paths with familiar faces at Jacques's homecoming party shouldn't be this kind of a big deal but the thief —- living off his nickname by all means —- forcibly dragged me here when all I wanted was to meditate and create social distancing from the society this weekend. He said everyone needs to get notified he's in LA now.

The attention seeker that he is.

I saw him winked my way.

"Sooner or later, I'm gonna pull all his eyelashes and no one's going to stop me." I mumbled, turning my back at Jacques and his antics.

Stephen chuckled. "Come on Ands. Give the guy a chance."

I scoffed. "Have to do with those smirking nuances as well."

"So what did Mr. Knight in Shining armor do that's gotten you all riled up?" Scarlet asked, taking a sip of her Jack & Coke. "Man, this is good." She then swallowed the drink in one go.

"Scarlet no one's running after you and your drink." I said.

"Excuse me." Ignoring me, she turn around and asked the bartender for another glass.

We are sitting by the bar stools, in a corner as few people rounded up. Stephen on my right side, facing the wildness of adolescent teens humping and swaying hips as Talk Dirty To Me bounced off into the walls of the private establishment. While Scarlet sat on my other end, nodding her head to the rhythm.

I saw how Stephen stole a quick look at Scarlet and heard him muttered a low, "Easy on the drinks."

Maybe because the music was too loud or that, he's too much of a coward to say it at her face but Scarlet didn't hear him.

Well he wanted to keep it to himself.

"Chicken." I mumbled.

"What?" Scarlet asked, another JD passing through her throat.

"Nothing." I said as Jacques stared at me.

"Anyway. Come on, tell us what happened Andi."

"I don't want to remember." I groaned. "Thinking about it frustrates me more."

"Well... We'll judge how frustrating it is and then we'll tell you how many lashes should you take accordingly."

Raising a brow, I said. "I want 10, each eye."

"We'll help by holding him up." She nodded. "Now spill."

FLASHBACK

Mornings. I usually like mornings. I mean, its an indication that we get to see a new day. A blessing that we easily brush off because its something most people have... something to be expected.