Chapter Forty Nine

49 - I'm a beautiful mess

'Love is not blind - it sees more, not less. But because it sees more, it is willing to see less.'
- Rabbi Julius Gordon

~*~

Ten minutes - yes I was counting - had passed by but Justin was still nowhere to be seen. I've been waiting for him to return back because I was feeling a little bit anxious to what he had acted awhile ago. I couldn't go back to sleep even if I try to. Getting up from my bed, I descended my way out of the room.

Was he still talking to Dr. Mason? If so what was their conversation about?

Unease, I slowly made my way downstairs, holding onto the railings, trying to be careful and vigilant about it until a luscious smell lingered into the air. It made me stop thinking to what was my mission in the first place.

Huh? It must be Nana cooking. It was still so early in the morning though. Well, early as it is for me.

Walking towards the kitchen without so much noise, I suddenly stopped when I saw a familiar built hovering over the kitchen stove. I felt myself wonder in awe at the sight before me.

Because really, to be honest, who would've thought? Who would even imagine?

I mean Justin is cooking. He is holding a spatula with an apron wrapped around his waist. Never did once crossed that thought in my mind because I'd never really consider him having time to even cook around for himself, much more to other people. He's busy. He's always travelling and singing. To say I was surprised would be the understatement of the century.

Biting my lower lip, I watched as he was now chopping down potatoes and mixing it with the bowl of egg yolk he was holding into his arm. Huh. He was too engrossed to what he was doing that he didn't notice me staring.

"So..." I started and to my amusement, it seemed he was startled by my voice as he almost dropped down the bowl and looked at me. For a second, I thought he would have a whiplash.

"Holy mother---" he said. "Andi... w-what are you doi... you should be in bed." I sauntered my way towards him before he, himself, would do the same.

I smiled. "This smells good. What's for breakfast?" I looked at what he was cooking in the fry pan but it was soon gone, as my line of sight was replaced by his chocolate brown eyes. Both of his hands were holding my arms.

"You should be in bed. You shouldn't even strain yourself. You had an attack---" I rolled my eyes at him. "This is no joking manner Andrea. Come on, let's go upstairs. Sleep---" He was starting to usher me away from the kitchen but I stopped him.

"I don't want to Justin."

"This is no time for you to be stubborn."

"I am not being stubborn." I insisted.

"Yes you are. Right now." He seemed a little bit irritated that I furrowed my brows.

"I don't want to. I've been stuck in that bed---"

"For 6 hours. Since last night. You should be sleeping at least 8---"

"I am not a kid."

"I did not say you are."

"But you are implying that I am one."

"No. Bed rest. You need a bed rest. We are not fighting over this. Let's go." He held my arm but I pulled back. "Andrea."

"I just wanted to know what you are cooking. Why do you want me to go back--"

"Because Dr. Mason said so. Do not strain--"