Chapter Forty Seven

47 - I'll See You Later

"today my anthro prof said something kind of really beautiful:

'You all have a little bit of "I want to save the world" in you, that's why you're here, in college. I want you to know that it's okay if you only save one person, and it's okay if that person is you.' " - tahtahtahtia

:)

~*~

To say I am happy is the understatement of the year, I am beyond that. I am ecstatic-exhilarated-over the moon-cloud nine happy. In my seventeen years of existing, I didn't know I could feel such profound feeling. Everything just felt surreal.

The night Justin and I exchanged our vows, I thought I could keep it in secrecy even for a day. But no... as soon as the sun rose a promising ray of hope that morning, dad subtly asked where did Justin and I go in the middle of the night.

Of course, it just have to be when everyone were having breakfast at the table that day.

Ryan, Chaz, Stephen, Scarlet, Jacques, Aruella and even Elise were there. I didn't know when it started but, ever since I went back here in Canada, everyone was always in our house. Not that I was complaining, I was just overwhelmed at first but then it just became like it was the most natural thing to do --- to have breakfast with everyone.

"You kidnapped my cousin again?"Aruella stated when neither Justin and I answered dad's question. Justin, however, rolled his eyes.

"It's a good thing you didn't plan on running away with him." Jacques said. "Because you know Andi," he continued, his fork staked with a hotdog, gesturing towards me. "I may look like I'm tough and all but I still haven't moved on." He took a bite and swallowed the food.

Aruella scoffed. "Disgusting."

"Well scoffing isn't attractive either." Just to annoy the hell out of Aruella, Jacques stuffed his mouth with food. Aruella, however made a face.

"I'm really glad you didn't choose this guy Andi. I would gladly pick Justin as my cousin in law than this guy right here over any day." Justin and I exchanged knowing looks.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah. Really."

"Maybe because you really wouldn't like Jacques to be your cousin in law Aruella." Scarlet mumbled innocently as she sipped water from her glass.

Aruella's eyebrows furrowed. I was glad how things turned out, the spotlight was now shied away from Justin and I.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ah right." Jacques said. "Behind those spiteful stares and awful words, you just really want me."

Aruella gasped. "Are you serious right now? Who would even want that ugly green eyes of yours, that crooked, bent nose and that dry, bitter lips of yours?!"

"Bitter." Jacques quoted. "Please expound to me how did you know it was bitter." His sly smile making Aruella want to skin him alive. And dad with his best timing ever, cleared his throat.