Chapter Eight

8 - Breathe

~*~
'Sometimes they don't love you, they just love how you love them.' - Anon
~*~

"Jacques! Justin! Stop it!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as soon as I saw Jacques scrambling on his feet to lunge at his cousin. Justin got hit by the jab but he wasn't anywhere giving up, because as soon as Jacques's fist found Justin's jaw, he retaliated back.

"Justin enough!" I demanded, standing between them. Ronaldo briskly held Justin back, pulling him away from the fight. His chest was heaving deeply. His eyes hardened in animosity as he looked at Jacques before he met mine. I scanned his face to look for bruises and found one where Jacques had hit him.

"This is stupid! You're not kids anymore." I stated, glancing back and forth between Justin and Jacques. "What's wrong with you two? This has been going on for years, it has to stop!"

"Tell him to stop being a douchebag first." Jacques muttered that I locked my gaze with his. Upon seeing how blood stick out from his face, I sighed. He received the most bruises.

"Are you okay?" I held his face to check up on him.

"I'm fine. I could handle him." Jacques said as he tried to stand up.

"Tsk." Justin scoffed from behind. "You deserve it."

Jacques scorned in contempt.

"People who think he's this perfect asshole are sick in the head when all he could do behind that fame is to treat you like this."

I thought I lost solidity when I heard Jacques utter those words. I don't like where this is going.

"Jacques stop."

"I'm not wrong though, right Ands? That asshole has done nothing but to push you away."

Stop it. Please.

"I gave you time to change." He continued as he fixed his gaze on Justin. "Maybe he'd get over it. Maybe he'd understand. Maybe he'd take good care of her. So I decided to be the nice guy and took off. But I couldn't stand here anymore and watch how he..." He paused, meeting his eyes with mine. "...could just throw you away when you're this special to me!" I pursed my lips, staring at how his eyes glowed with such hatred... rooted with a profound feeling he always hide but now has the chance to pose. "So from now on, I choose to be the bad guy. I promise I'd do anything to take you away from him! So if I were him, I'd better think twice now."

"Fucking asshole." I heard him hissed before he fished his phone out of his pocket and called someone.

Unable to move, I just stood there in shock as I watched Jacques's retreating figure.

I don't know what to feel; I was too numb to speak or move. Maybe I was too naive or that, I was too inconsiderate for mistaking Jacques's confession as his own way of teasing and annoying me.

I always see him as someone who smiled or smirked or grinned whenever he likes to catch someone's attention. He always find ways to laugh... and make someone laugh. He makes people comfortable around him. He's that kind of a person. So even though he irritates the heck out of me, I didn't have the strength to actually push him away.

"Let's go." Justin said in monotone. "Mom and Erin are waiting." With that, I heard a car door slammed shut.

Huh.

Of course he would never come here in his own expense. It has to be because someone provoked or asked him to do things.

"Miss Andi." Ronaldo called, softly.