Chapter Twenty One (Justin)

21 – JUSTIN'S POINT OF VIEW (#BabyHit1Billion)

~*~
'It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together and I knew it.'
- Tom Hanks, Sleepless in Seatle
~*~

'I hate you.'

She repeated for the third time.

I counted.

Her hazel eyes reflected such horror and animosity that I couldn't keep my scrupling gaze away from her. It rooted me on the spot. I could barely move.

No matter how loud the bass of the music bounced off back in the cabaret, her words echoed loudly — a highlight within the waves of the noise.

She wasn't the first one who told me they hated me.

Selena shouted such foul words a month ago. I was hurt. I expected it from her. But not from Andrea.

Never with Andi.

The reason why even though someone was trying to catch my attention by pulling my wrist, I was struck by the sight of Jacques holding Andrea in his arms, walking away from me.

That night, her room was left empty.

I didn't understand. I should be happy. This is what I wanted right? To be free from the arrangement that was disabling my liberty to choose who I want... who I need.

I should've gone to Selena, pleaded for her understanding. What's the motive for the dreaded days that I keep myself drunk because of my broken-fucking-heart if I don't come to her and beg for another chance? What's the fucking use of going out of the house, drown myself into pity, and let Andrea see what's this marriage been doing to me?

'I hate you.'

How the fuck could she enunciate those words with conviction? Without remorse? Her cold eyes piercing through mine? She... out of all people... she doesn't get to say those words to me. No. She could never hate me. Not Andi. Not her.

So instead of answering Selena's call, I decided to dial Andrea's number. Selena can wait right? She'll understand. Andrea needed to know that Nana was waiting for her. When she didn't pick up the phone, I decided to go out of the house and looked for her. It had been a day. Nana's worried.

But then, Stephen found me first. And Ryan and Chaz... and Scarlet.

I was about to step outside when Stephen shouted my name and quickly punched me in the face. I tumbled back, hitting the ground. Ryan and Chaz immediately scurried into their feet and pulled Stephen away.

This fucking asshole.

"That's for Andrea, you fucker." He spat.

I scoffed as I gathered my wits and scrambled to my feet. "What the fuck are you doing here?"

"What did you do to Andrea huh?!" He demanded that immediately caught my attention.

My eyebrows furrowed. "What do you mean? Where is she?"

He gritted his teeth, ready to pull another hit but then I saw Scarlet getting out of the vehicle.

"Where is she?" I pressed as soon as I saw Andrea's best friend. She took a step back when I sauntered my way towards her.

Stephen quickly shielded Scarlet as he took a step in front of her. "Don't touch her you asshole!"

My jaw clenched. "Where is she?"