Chapter Thirty One (Selena)

31 - Her revenge

'Make peace with your past before it spoils your present'
- Anon

~*~

A coin has two sides, just like stories have too. When asked to pick a choice, you'd consort to one, sometimes even without knowing what lies on the other side.

I gulped down my eighth... or ninth... or tenth (I don't even know) tequilla as I watched the contrast of lights bounced off the walls; the sound of the party echoing throughout the four walled elite club room. I was so damn wasted but I didn't care.

I need to forget. I need to forget that damn Canadian boy who turned my world upside down.

Damn Justin.

I didn't mean to. I swear. I knew it was my fault — at first — but... I was hurt too and f*ck I didn't want to lose the fame and lights just because of a boy. I swear I thought he was all but just a boy, I never f*cking thought he would had such an effect on me.

Calling him, hearing his voice again made this nostalgic feeling I badly miss. But damn it, has he moved on? Does he really love that bitch?

I had been calling him for weeks but it was only two days ago since he answered me. Fuck him for only picking up his phone when I called him from another number.

Even just f*cking once, he never told me he would meet up with me. He just ended the call. But it only made my demons pushed through — I called and texted him again and again and again. I didn't care what my actions would cause me. I needed him. But he would heartlessly decline it. I thought he wanted my forgiveness? I was once used to be so important to him, now he would treat me as if I was never been someone to him.

I felt my tears stinging from my eyes.

Crap. I was never this weak. Only Justin could do this to me.

I was so desperate just to be with him again. I'd do anything. If I could turn back time I would. I wouldn't agree to what that bitch's father had said. I f*cking didn't know that their family had such influence.

FLASHBACK

"Break up with Justin." A man in his late 40's dressed up in a suit spoke as soon as my manager and I took a seat in the living room at his --- I presumed --- mansion. Something tells me he's a man with power and wealth and that I should follow what his demands are.

I snorted. "Are you serious? Am I in a prank show or what?"

But the man just looked at me with arctic eyes. "I don't think so Ms. Gomez. I never let anyone step inside my home just because."

My lips went into a straight line. "I don't know you ---"

"I called your manager a few minutes ago and I expected that she would've told you who you're gonna meet up with." I took a side glance towards Kris who kept her mouth shut as she bowed her head. She had told me... but I was too occupied to even listen to her since I was texting Justin.

"I didn't listen when she ---" He cut me off again.

"You seem like a person who never listens to anyone. I don't like that kind of people."

I gritted my teeth. "I don't mean to disrespect you Mr..."

"Price."

"Mr. Price but you don't know me."