Chapter Nineteen

19 – Elise

~*~
'we both drowned
under the waves
of words
we weren't saying.'
- ben maxfield
~*~

"Momma Andi!" Elise shrieked.

Probably bewildered why she called me in such way, I felt Justin stopped on his tracks.

It rooted way back then. When Elise was only five years old. She was crying and grieving, throwing bunch of fits as she wanted to isolate herself, far away from strangers she'd only met. She was one tough cookie. She became blind not because she was born with it, but because she had people who were bad and cruel and just plain evil. I've never seen something so affecting, my emotions poignant to her cries.

I extended a hand to help comfort her in a way that would eventually calm her down. It took weeks, and a trunk of patience. I recently married Justin around that time and since the first year was unbearable, I found shelter here and from her.

As time passed by, she started addressing me her mom. I was surprised the first time... barely a teenager with baggages of her own. I can be her sister but then whenever I see and hear her, I just couldn't take it away from her. I told myself I would be anyone she needed.

I sauntered my way inside, as I exchanged pleasantries with Vivienne, a woman in her late twenties volunteering work as a music teacher for the orphanage. She greeted me but her eyes fixated at the person behind me.

I placed my index finger over my mouth to indicate that I was going to surprise Elise with Justin today. She only nodded, still completely awed and dazed at our unlikely guest. It's not everyday we have celebrities lurking around the place. And, I believe she's a fan as well.

I turned around to see if Justin was following me and when I found him tailing behind, I gestured for him to come closer.

"Elise." I called her. Upon hearing the sound of my voice, she faced my direction. I immediately gave her a big warm hug.

She giggled. I always find her small laughters cute and bubbly and youthful.

As we pulled away, I kissed her forehead. "You play amazing as always."

"Thank you!"

"I have a surprise for you."

"What is it?" She asked, excitedly. I cast a sight over where Justin was and gave him a reassuring smile.

"Hi Elise." His voice echoed inside the four walls of the room. It made Elise gasped. Her jaw fell ajar and her eyes widened in incredulity.

"I-is that J-Justin Bieber?" She stuttered, taking time to comprehend if what she's hearing really is true. I bent down to hold her hand. "H-how..."

"He came here to help and join the fun." I mused.

"You were playing beautifully. You're very talented Elise." Justin stated as he praised her.

Elise blushed furiously but nevertheless said her gratitude; she gained confidence over the last few years that one wouldn't believe what she went through.

"I know all your songs." She professed, clearly proud and happy by her confession. "I listen to them every day."

"Really?" Justin asked in amusement as he took small strides towards where we were.