Chapter Forty Six (Andrea)

46 - Do I?

'Hardening your heart isn't the answer. Finding love within yourself isn't the answer. Putting yourself out there and trusting that somewhere out there, someone else wants to love as hard as you do; that is the answer.'
- Eugene Lau

~*~

"Be mine again Andi. Be my Mrs. Bieber again."

The words passing through my auditory senses felt surreal. Am I dreaming? I need to take a pause and fully comprehend what Justin was really saying. He wanted to marry me. Justin was asking me to marry him. Was he mad? Or is this just another product of my vast imagination?

Staring at his authentic and longing eyes, the reality of his words took me in a shock. How many times did I dream of him asking me for marriage and now that it's finally here, I am not quite sure how should I feel.

"Andi?"

He was waiting. And to be struck with reality, we don't really have much time either. I should say yes, shouldn't I? This is it. Finally, after so many years of waiting, wanting, wishing. But to be put in a position like this of life, should I even say yes?

Smiling a little at Justin, I pulled myself away from his chest and took a sitting position beside him instead.

"Andi? What's wrong?" The troubled voice of his made me sigh as he, also, took a seat next to me. "I can wait---"

"Waiting can get really tiring Justin." I glanced at him and smiled. He held my hand and grasped it, as if his life depended on it.

"Andi. Don't you want to be tied down to me again? I swear this time I will truly love you. I'll always be there for you. I'll be the husband as you were a wife to me back then. I'll take care of you. I won't leave you Andi." My throat felt constricted as I looked at his authentic and longing chocolate brown eyes.

"Justin." I croaked. "Of course I want to be tied down with you, who in their right mind would say no to you?" I chuckled hoarsely as I felt small tears streaked down my face.

"Then why won't you say yes to me?" He demanded, wiping the salty tears away from my face with his hands. I don't know why I find it comical.

"Aren't you afraid? After everything I said to you, you're still asking me to marry you." He grasped my hand again and held it tightly. His eyes shining under the cold, starry night.

"I don't care Andi. I'll take my bet, I don't care."

"I do Justin. I care. We don't know how much time I have left ---"

"Stop that." He commanded. "Stop saying those things Andrea."

"But it's the truth Justin. It's the inevitable truth." I tightened my hold with his hands. "I may die--"

"Andrea!"

That's the thing. Justin, everyone around me hated that word. It was like a plague they tried to run away from.

"I may die Justin. Tomorrow. Next week. Next month."

"Andrea please."