Chapter Thirty Seven

37 – Let Go

'I'm beginning to forget all the pieces of you and I can't help but feel in the very pit of my stomach that just maybe, it's better off for me to finally let you go.'
– sd.

~*~

These past few days had been run of the mill that I didn't even notice it was Saturday already. The situation between Justin and I, even though we had this compromise silence about what was happening between us but it had also put an invisible wall again that set us apart. There was this fence that we both knew we built against one another yet neither one of us decided to cross it.

After the huge fight we both had, no arguments followed thru... but then I felt like everything was slowly and gradually pulling us apart. We exchange conversations, yes, but that was it — no deep talks. Just for the sake that the two of us live in the same house.

It was killing me yet every time I want to confront him, I couldn't find my voice to speak. Damn. It's not easy. Opening up my mouth means there will be consequences I needed to face after. And I wasn't ready for it.

I wasn't.

But then, when will I ever be?

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard my phone ringing. Without looking at the caller ID, I answered it.

"Andi!" Jacques' voice echoed from the other line.

"Jacques?" Why was he calling?

"Don't tell me you forgot---" he sighed. "It's not like I'm excited or anything but you did make me promise to go there today."

Oh right. I did make him promise to spend some time with Justin. I almost forgot.

"Right."

"Are you okay Andi?"

"What? I mean, yeah. Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You sound... dull."

I cleared my throat. "I always talk to you like this Jacques."

He sighed. "Alright then."

"So uhmmm... where are you? Are you almost here?"

"Uh no. That's why I called. I'll come a little bit late. I need to drop by somewhere first."

"Okay. I'll tell Justin."

"So he did approve."

I rolled my eyes. "You sound excited Jacques."

"Psh. No I'm not. Why would I be?"

"I dunno. Why would you be?" I teased.

"Whatever Andrea. I'm hanging up now because you're annoying."

I chuckled. "Wait till you're here then."

"Why did I ever agree on this?"

"Because I'm irresistible?"

"Bye Andi."

"Bye Jacques." I smiled as I hang up.

Jacques is also one of the people that embodied change. I know I should be happy he's not hitting on me anymore but it was a bit odd. I'm happy for him though, but I wonder who the girl is — I actually don't know if there really is a girl though. He just seemed occupied and busy these past few days.

Descending my way out of my bedroom, I looked for Justin to remind him about Jacques.

"Nana." I greeted when I saw her walking up the stairs.