Chapter Sixteen

• Dedicated to dxbkidrauhlollg

16 – Cadbury

~*~
'Time knows no mercy.
- k.tolnoe
~*~

The scent of cinnamon filled my nostrils as I regained consciousness. My mouth felt a little bit dry; a thirst I needed to quench. Fluttering my eyes open, I first saw a familiar white painted ceiling and a customized light candle globe chandelier.

I was in my room...at my father's house.

When I moved, I felt the IV drip attached on my hand. A sigh escaped my lips before I closed my eyes. Memories from when I was younger heaped my thoughts. A series of not knowing when to go out and play because I wasn't allowed to and because I can't do so.

I'm not supposed to feel everything too deeply. But then, here I am. Back to my own affliction.

When I heard the door slightly screeched, I opened my eyes and found Dr. Mason Jenkins. He was in his neat blue long sleeved Ralph Lauren polo tucked under his black slacks. Small wrinkly lines shown on his forehead — maybe due to his work done for almost 20 years now — as he offered a gentle smile. His green irises found my hazel ones.

"I'm glad you're awake now Andi." He said, making his way towards me. He's a close friend of my dad. He had always been there. "Do you want to drink water? You've been asleep for a day."

My eyes widened in incredulity.

"Your body needed the rest." He stated.

"W-what..." I croaked as I tried to sit in a comfortable position. Dr. Mason helped me. "... time is... it?"

"It's 9 in the morning." He then offered me a glass of water that was placed near a table. I gulped it down.

So the whole catastrophe exchanged between Justin and I happened yesterday.

"Is dad..." I trailed off. My mind flew in different scenarios how dad could've acted when he saw me out of my consciousness or when he saw me with Jacques in such state at an ungodly hour. "Jacques..."

"Anthony and Jacques are talking in the study room." I looked at him in curiosity. "Your dad hasn't left your side since yesterday and that young man is persistent with his... questions."

I pursed my lips. "You mean..."

"I can see the young Wagner has good intentions and can be trusted. If he knows, I believe he won't look at you any less."

I sighed. "Well Stephen and Scarlet will going to sulk."

"They'll understand." He chuckled. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm... fine."

"How's the hollow muscular organ?" He asked in a way that is comical. Just like he always did.

I tried to smile. "It's still beating."

He looked at his notes before he stared at me. "Andrea your father is worried." He started. "Don't run away from it."

"I know." I replied. "I'm just scared Dr. Mason."

Soft, quiet knocks resounded outside the door. The knob twisted and the marble plank got pushed; Dad and Jacques appeared with sullen faces but as soon as they saw me, it was quickly changed between worry and relief.

"Andi." Dad stated, his steps hurrying to come closer. He was in his simple white polo and pants. He looked nowhere going back to his fieldwork.

I pushed a smile. "Hi dad." Staring at the person behind him, I acknowledged his presence as well. "Jacques."