Chapter Forty Two

42 - He's here

'We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?'
- Anon

Trailer #2 agaiiiin ;)))

~*~

If you had one thing you regret of doing, what is it? If you can turn back time and change one moment in your life, will you undo and alter the outcome? If you are given the chance to control your fate, how will you decide its course?

Regrets.

I used to think I haven't made a single regret in my life. Mistakes I did but regrets? I used to have no regrets about the things I did. I used to think that every mistake a person makes are only essential for them to be a better human being. It is only natural for us to make mistakes in order for us to learn.

I remember how I would be with different girls every night and Andi would know and won't say anything about it. I remember how those sad hazel eyes were filled with hurt every time I looked at them but I would just shrugged it off. I remember her silent cries would echo around the house at night but when the sun rises in the morning her jovial voice would replace it, as if those nights were only but a time passed away.

Andrea is... really kind, too kind that I wish she isn't.

I chuckled bitterly.

How much of an asshole was I? And my beliebers think I was this man whom they wanted to marry when in fact I couldn't even... I couldn't even make Andrea happy. 

And now... time...

--- one could only hope.

"Justin!"

Taking my shades off, I pulled a tight smile as Ryan and Chaz welcomed me back in Canada. Five days after and here I was.

I arranged a few things with Scooter and compromised my work before coming here.  I called Ryan and Chaz as soon as possible and asked them for discreet information. And fortunately, Andrea really is here — only that they knew beforehand.

They wanted to tell me but as soon as they heard that I was becoming a father they decided to keep their mouth shut. Andi pleaded them for the secrecy. However as I reached out to them and detailed my side of the story, they decided to help me.

"Hey."

"It felt like years since the last time we've seen you dude." Ryan said, ushering us inside his home.

"Well. It's been years since I was here." I stated, glancing at the trees as they swayed along with the cold wind. "Three years to be exact." I continued as we were all now inside the comfort of Ryan's home. "Where's your mom by the way?"

"Business." He replied.

"We've heard about... Andi's sickness." Chaz started. I felt my heart thumped anxiously. "We... well, we went to see her."

I bit my bottom lip. "How... how is she?" They both exchanged glances that I gritted my teeth. "Don't answer that."

"Well... she's... she's a little bit better from her last attack." I stared down at the floor, not knowing what to say. "But she's---"

"Her attacks..." I tried to say "... is it frequent? Where is she? Is she been taking care of? Isn't there another way? Does Anthony even---"

"Justin." Ryan cut me off. I glanced at him when I felt a tear rushed down my cheek. Fvck. But even so, never did once they looked at me with pity. "Andi's staying inside their house. A lot... and when I say a lot, there are lots of people taking care of her. We'll help you see her. It's not going to be easy but well, we're your best friends for a reason." I nodded. "And when you do see her then you'll ask her those questions you so badly want to ask."