Chapitre 5: Trouble

The rest of the winter break, Tsukishima and y/n spent most of their time together either doing holiday activities, playing in the snow, or just relaxing inside the warmth of the house.

Tsukishima started thinking that he had figured out y/n's mind. He found that she was a simple yet extraordinary girl. She was the type that would speak up about whatever troubled her mind, but at the same time was kind and caring towards others. And as basic as that sounded, he realized that he hadn't had the privilege to meet anyone like y/n before. After thinking about it for a while, he realized that those types of people were rare to come across.

It meant that y/n was close to being perfectly in balance with her soul and mind.

Y/n also seemed to have figured out Tsukishima. Although it was quite a challenge and she was having fun experimenting new things with him. She also realized people like Tsukishima weren't that common. He was quiet yet made a lot of sassy remarks when he was comfortable with a person, he could be funny but he hardly ever laughed. Y/n had to listen closely to hear a change in Tsukishima's tone and observe very carefully to know when his mood changed. He was the type of person that wouldn't speak his mind unless he absolutely had to.

That's what made these two instantly click. Opposites attract right?

Y/n had the tendency to forget things or overlook the easy details because she was focusing on the hidden messages. On the other hand, Tsukishima could see simple details clearly and a few hidden ones.

His stomach started to turn when he caught himself staring at y/n or daydreaming about her. He was starting to realize what he had gotten himself into.

Meanwhile y/n remained pretty clueless; focusing on having fun getting different reactions out of such a stoic boy.

Or maybe she was just pretending to be clueless. Maybe she knew exactly what was going on. But the fear of being wrong, the thought of being left behind for making assumptions was frightening. She continued to remain clueless.

•••

It was the last day of winter break and y/n had had a wonderful idea.

"Kei!! I'm a genius!", exclaimed y/n as she burst into Tsukishima's room.

"I highly doubt that", said the tall boy without raising his gaze from the latest National Geographic magazine about new fossil findings in a desert.

Y/n squinted her eyes ( ̄ー ̄)  before saying in an excited tone, "Anyways, I was going to say before I was RUDELY interrupted...We should go ice skating downtown! Today is the last day they're going to have the ice rink, we should go before it closes!" 

"Sigh", Tsukishima thought of what to say. She had been dragging him everywhere these past few weeks until he got an idea, "Oh sorry no can do, my hand is still hurt. If I fall I'll break my finger again." He shrugged and turned his attention back to his magazine.

Y/n stood at his doorway just staring at him with a blank expression. Tsukishima started to get nervous and when he looked at her she was slowly moving closer to him and widening her eyes. Then she smirked. Tsukishima couldn't help but gulp as he wondered what evil idea she had just come up with.

•••

Your POV:

Kei and I were walking hand in hand- except I had wrapped his injured hand in multiple bandages and then placed various layers of winter gloves. This way we could go ice skating and if he fell he wouldn't hurt his hand. Kind of like a cast?